o. chapter five

>CHAPTER FIVE: THIS LOVE LEFT A PERMANENT MARK<

A/N: Sorry for not updating earlier, I have diarrhea, and sorry if the chapter is just a flashback

A/N: Sorry for not updating earlier, I have diarrhea, and sorry if the chapter is just a flashback. Also I can't update this Sunday because I have to go to the dentist. 

---

The autumn air wisps through the classroom, leaving a cold breeze from the window. A leaf falls on Twilight's desk catching Byzantine's attention. Their professor was boring--at least more boring than Twilight. Turning to look at him, she places her hands in his seat. "Are you always this cold?" she questioned while he continued to ignore the woman. 

Byzantine was a social butterfly, if their school was a pageant she'd be Miss Congeniality. 

"Ouch" she muttered pretending that she was hurt. 

He gives her a side-glance, "Are you always this annoying?" he retorted with a slight smirk while she gasped in mock hurt. 

"How dare you!" she exclaimed while the teacher pauses. 

"Ms. Byzantine and Mr. Twilight is there anything you want to share with the class?" the man asks while the woman groans. 

What a killjoy. 

"Nothing sir" she replied while looking down at the book. 

"That's what I thought, get out" he ordered while Byzantine frowned. "Sir that's unfair" she protested while Twilight grabber her arm. "Let's just get out" he whispered while dragging her away from the classroom. 

---

The playground was quiet at this time since all of the children were in pre-school. Twilight hands the woman some ice-cream and a pair of hanker-chiefs. "You really shouldn't get me in trouble" he complains while she chuckles. "Yeah, really sorry about that" she apologizes while licking the ice cream. 

"When it comes to Professor Wichita, you should really listen. He's in that stage of life where you hate everything" he advises while sitting on the top of the slide. She looks at him and laughs, "I don't think you should be there" she replied while he slides down. 

"The class was really boring though" he admitted while she hummed. Professor Wichita was famous for having boring and useless lessons, sometimes unrelated to the topic. "It was probably lucky that we got out" she replied while he sat beside her on the swing. 

"Yeah--wait there's something on your face" he muttered while grabbing his hanker-chief and wiping the side of her lips, she looks into his eyes and freezes. Touching her face, she looks away. "You didn't have to do that" she chuckles while he adjusts his glasses. 

"Oh, sorry about that" he apologizes while she nods too stunned to form a coherent sentence. She bites her lips and looks at him again, Twilight what game are you playing? 

"So why did you choose to study in W.I.S.E?" he questioned while finishing his ice cream. W.I.S.E wasn't easy, it was just their first year and their workload was already too much. "The same way you did" she replied while swinging slightly. 

There was silence between them, the kind of silence that was expected with two people of opposite gender. "Being a spy isn't everyone's cup of tea" he confessed while swinging beside her. She scoffs and stares at him, "Why, do you think I won't be a good spy?" she interrogated while giving him a soft glare. 

He was taken aback, "I-uhh, that's not what I meant" he muttered while looking away from her. Her stares reminded him of his own mother before the war, he was scared of her. "Really because that's what you implied?" she remarked while standing up. 

He stands up too, and begins to run away. "That's not what I meant" he screamed while being chased by the woman in the middle of the playground. Anyone around would've thought that they were lovers. He climbs up the slide while she corners him. 

"That's really not what I meant" he defended while she placed her arms around his back. With a slight chuckle, she pushes him down the slide. Earning a loud yell, and a scolding from the ice-cream seller. 

---

Dedications: 

Kbarr200

Jellyfishrindou

Sara2gm

Ehypensunoomaid

mrsderekmorgan

inuwui

cheesecakedelight

bubbyisme

Razz-chan

Lili-Hyuga

mooshipeep

Riddlehearts