o. chapter seven

<CHAPTER SEVEN: A LESSON ABOUT SIMPLICITY

"We are proud of you, Anya" she cheers with a small clap, Anya huffs while Loid ruffles her hair

"We are proud of you, Anya" she cheers with a small clap, Anya huffs while Loid ruffles her hair. "I wanted to be a princess," she complained while Byzantine sighed. What should I say? Loid looks at Anya, still contemplating on what she should say.

"You already are a princess, Anya" he replied with a sigh, children were sometimes difficult to be with–you just need endless patience with them.

"Plus I highly doubt we have money to rent a castle" Loid added while Anya crossed her arms. They in fact had enough money to rent a castle. 

"But you're a sp–psychian" she replied while Byzantine frowned, feeding the child some mashed potatoes. "Dad's money isn't infinite, Anya" she replied while wiping her mouth with a clean napkin.

"We can do a low budget version of SpyWars at home, but just finish your food now" Loid promised while holding Anya's hands. 

"If you want to take Princess Honey, you have to go through me" Byzantine announces while laughing evilly. She carries Anya and runs towards the other side of the room, Loid sighs while putting on his Bondman costume. "Give me Princess Honey" he exclaims dramatically while Anya giggles. 

"What did I just say? You have to go through me, Bondman" she replied with melodrama, Loid runs towards them while she kicks him down. "Is that all you've got?" she jokes earning a small glare from the man. With both of their intense spy training, they put on quite a show. 

"I could do this all day, unnamed villain" he replied while balling his fists. He didn't actually want to hurt the woman, he just wanted her to think that he would. 

"Unnamed villain? Bondman, you are about to perish" she replied while giving him another kick, one that he easily dodged. 

"You've gone weak" he replied with a scowl as she chuckled. I can't believe I'm having fun. Anya beemed while the woman runs to Anya's room, locking themselves in. 

"Unfair!" Loid screams while trying to open the door. "You are locked in our ultra-sonic safe room" Anya yells while the woman chuckles. 

"It looks like the Bondman has to accept his defeat" she quoted while placing Anya down and hiding her under the bed, "The Bondman has a key" he replied while opening to door. Byzantine prepares her fist while charging towards him, she kicks his right arm, he dodges her first attack but fails her second attack. 

He punches her and she dodges his punches, until they are backed into the wall. She dodges his attack and he holds her in place, holding her arms above her. He slightly smirks. 

"Is the villain going to accept defeat?" he questioned with a raised eyebrow while she chuckled. 

"Over my dead body, Bondman" she replied while he places her down, she trips him while he falls into the floor. Seeing Anya hiding under the bed, "Aha!" he cheered while trying to crawl towards the child. Byzantine pulls his feet back, slightly tickling him. He chuckles while grabbing Anya's arms and pulling her with him. 

"It looks like I have Princess Honey!" he claims his victory while sitting down and giving everyone a small bow, Anya sits in the middle of both of them while Byzantine wipes her sweat away. "Now wasn't that fun?" she asked while Anya nodded silently. 

"It was really fun!" she yipped with a smile. 

"So, you don't need a big castle to have fun" the woman smiled while handing a bottle of water to Loid and Anya. "Are you tired?" she asks while Anya nods. Loid picks her up, and places her on her bed. Slowly tucking her in, he closes the light. 

Offering his hand to Byzantine, he helps her stand up. "That was fun" she muttered while he patted her back, "Yeah it was" he replied with a small smile. 

---

Sorry for the short chapter, I decided that making it longer would've made it long for no reason. 

Dedications: 

Kbarr200

Jellyfishrindou

Sara2gm

Ehypensunoomaid

mrsderekmorgan

inuwui

cheesecakedelight

bubbyisme

Razz-chan

Lili-Hyuga

mooshipeep

Riddlehearts20

KaeyaL0veBot

yuta_kinny

TheInnerWhalien

mikochico

itadorishoodie

KhushiDabburi

Thanks so much for the people who continue to show support for this book!