o. chapter six

>CHAPTER SIX: WAITLIST

Loid remained frozen, his hands laid motionless in his thighs

Loid remained frozen, his hands laid motionless in his thighs. Their attitude early on would've deducted them points, and they might have to give the hope of entering Eden away. Byzantine sits beside him, handing him a cup of tea. He sighed while thanking her. 

"To be honest I still believe that we have a chance" she comforted while rubbing his back affectionately. "The teachers at Eden won't be happy" he muttered while burying his head in his palms. She stares at him with a frown. 

"Come to think of it we embarrassed them--but it might've elevated us?" she reminds while Loid chuckles, Byzantine was always filled with optimism. "How?" he questioned while turning to look at her. How do I explain this? 

"Well we basically showed them that Eden was garbage, and they overstepped their bounds. They're going to want to please us after that" she repeated while taking a sip of her tea. It was like a light bulb flickered in Loid's head. 

"The headmaster hates Mr. Swan anyways, and he basically tainted the reputation of Eden after his intrusive questions. But we could've handled that better--more elegantly" he answered not yet sure that they were going to get in. 

Byzantine bites her lips, to be honest she's been losing optimism herself. "Shit" she cursed while burying her head in her hands too. My entire career depends on this. Loid glares at her before slapping her head jokingly, "Language" he muttered while staring at Anya. 

"It doesn't matter anyways" she lamented earning a scoff from Twilight. They both stared at Anya who had tears coming out of her eyes, "Don't cry Anya" Byzantine comforted while sitting beside the child. "I--did my best" she cried while the woman wiped her tears. 

"We know you did your best sweetie" she replied while wiping the child's tears. Loid quickly stands up while walking towards them, wiping Anya's tears away he takes a deep breath. "Don't worry Anya, I'm sure that we'll get in" he said with courage while Anya's eyes glimmered. "Really?" she asked while Loid nodded. 

"Yeah" he replied while handing the child some peanuts. "Don't worry about it" he advised while ruffling the child's hair. 

He turns the radio on while the song plays silently, Byzantine raises her eyebrows while he reaches towards her. 

"Dance!" Anya exclaimed while he places his arm in her waist. 

"Is this the first time you've ever danced Loid?" she asked jokingly while he shrugs. 

"It depends" he answered with a small chuckle while she shakes her head. As she places her arms in his shoulders, the music plays gently. 

"this guy's in love with you, yes i'm in love. Who looks at you the way I do" the music sings. 

Loid stares into her eyes, and it was in that moment he realized that he didn't want to become a spy any longer. He just wanted to spend life with her whether it was in the middle of a beach or in the middle of a city--it didn't matter because he just wanted to be with her and Anya. 

"This is nice" he muttered while she buried her face in his shoulders. It was nice. "I wish we could be like this forever" she replied while he twirled her around. 

---

They stood there frozen and staring at the board, they needed to find Anya's name on the acceptance board. Loid's hands shook, this was the most defining moment of his career. If Anya wasn't there then he might as-well give up chances of being the best spy in Ostania. 

"Is she there?" Byzantine questioned, feeling a little nervous herself. Loid looks through the acceptance names while freezing. His eyes slightly darkened while he bit his lips. He looks at Byzantine and she knew exactly what it meant. 

Anya isn't in there. 

Her hands became numb, a bile threatening to come out of her throat. The feeling of dry swallowing a pill, made her red. Fuck. 

Turning around to leave, the headmaster stops them. "Forger Family" he announced while holding a cane in his right hands. He stared at the patriarch with a smile, "I need to talk to you in private" he stated while leading them towards a secluded hall. 

"I'm not supposed to tell you this but" he started while Loid grabs Byzantine's hands. He didn't know what to expect from the headmaster, maybe their cover had been blown. "You're in the waitlist--number one in the waitlist" he showed the list while Byzantine lets out a sigh of relief. 

There was still a chance that they could get in the school. "What was the reason for us to be in the waitlist?" the woman asked with a raised eyebrows while the headmaster took a deep breath. "It was the mosquito" he replied while she frowned. Damn. 

"Don't worry, every year at least one student declines going to Eden." he comforted while Byzantine's eyes narrowed. Anya had to get in, maybe we have to bribe someone--no everyone is rich. Kill someone? With a sigh, she smiles. 

"Thank you headmaster, it is such an honor to be prioritized this way" she replied while shaking his hands. Loid slightly bows to the headmaster while the family walked away. "You shouldn't have killed the damn mosquito" she muttered while he glared at her. 

"If I didn't hit the mosquito I would've hit Mr. Swan's face" he replied while they silently walked away. Even though they have been placed on the waitlist, the dread of not being accepted still festered in the air. 

---

Franky stared at the family while holding a bottle of wine. "I just wanted to bring this in" he stated while scratching his head. "But we still haven't been accepted" Byzantine replies while taking the bottle from his hands. The smaller man rolls his eyes while staring at Loid, "Please, you'll get in" he muttered while sitting down in the sofa. 

"Hi, Anya" he greeted while staring at Loid. It seemed like all of them were nervous of the results. "What if we don't get in" Loid lamented while Byzantine rolled her eyes, quickly sitting beside him. "You heard it from the headmaster himself, we'll get in. And if we don't I'll just have to--" she gets cut off by a hand placed in her mouth. 

"Were you about to say the K word?" he exclaimed while she groaned, "No, I was going to ask nicely" she corrected while he sighed. The phone rang while Byzantine stood up with optimism, grabbing the phone she looks at Loid. "Forger residence, how may I help you?" she asked while pausing for a while. 

Placing the phone down, a smile found itself on her face. Staring at Loid she grins. "We got in!" she exclaimed while he ran to hug her and Anya. "Yay!" Anya beemed while Franky throws some confetti around. 

"Is it alright if I order some takeout?" Franky asked while rubbing his stomach. 

---

Dedications: 

Kbarr200

Jellyfishrindou

Sara2gm

Ehypensunoomaid

mrsderekmorgan

inuwui

cheesecakedelight

bubbyisme

Razz-chan

Lili-Hyuga

mooshipeep

Riddlehearts20 

KAEYAL0VEBOT 

Thanks so much for the people who continue to show support for this book!