Kabanata 227

Kabanata 227:
Iiyak

The ends of her skirt were swaying when she slowly move her body to dance. Sumisilip ang pang-upo niya dahil doon. Her fingers were running sensually on her body as if she was doing that on purpose to seduce all the men here. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey hey, you you. I want to be your girlfriend." I cross my arms after I heard the lyrics from her mouth. I click my tongue and look at her while she's pointing her fingers at Kuwai. She's smirking and the crowd were cheering for her like she's a cheerleader dancing in the center of the stage. While all of the last section were silent, stunned, and unable to speak.

They look nervous, uncomfortable, and uneasy for some reason. Xerox glanced at me and I could feel his uneven breathing like he was anticipating something to happen. Why do they all look nervous?

I am still calm.

Kuwai who's beside me clenched his jaw. Hindi siya nakatingin sa babae at nasa akin ang mga mata. Pinagmamasdan ako. Hindi ko alam kung bakit hindi siya makapagsalita o hindi niya alam ang sasabihin. He pinch his eyes close in frustration.

Sa kakatitig ko sa babae ay bahagya akong natigilan nang may mapansin. Her face looks familiar. I narrowed my eyes because I feel like I just saw her face recently.

"You're so fine, I want you mine, you're so delicious..." I gritted my teeth. Habang papalapit ang babae mas lalo lamang naririndi ang tenga ko sa mga naririnig sa kanya.

"What the fuck?" Kuwai whispered and rolled his eyes.

"Let's go," Kuwai whispered to me and hold my waist. He stood up and pulled me with him but I refuse. Kuwai creased his forehead.

"Raiven----"

"I won't leave," I said sternly and his mouth parted.

I won't leave without letting this girl end her show on her way. I won't spare her for pulling this sick act in front of me. Isang metro na lang ngayon ang layo ng babae at titig na titig siya sa akin habang kumakanta. Parang naghahamon at ngumisi ako.

Xerox and Light gasped in unison. Nagkatitigan ang dalawa at para bang agad na nagkaintindihan na may delubyong paparating.

"Holy shit! This is not good anymore!" Xerox said and messed his hair in frustration. Humakbang siya papalapit sa amin.

Mas lalo akong nilapit ni Kuwai sa kanya nang lumapit ang babae sa amin, patuloy sa pagkanta. Halos mangalay na ang panga ko sa kakapagtiim bagang dahil sa iritasyon. Nakakairita ang tinig ng babae na ito, at hindi ako bobo para hindi maintindihan ang pinahihiwatig niya sa kanta.

"Hey hey, you you. I could be your girlfriend." she continues singing and I massaged my temple. I'm the one who's having a second embarrassment here for her. She tried to hold Kuwai's arm and I was about to move now when Kuwai immediately react.

"Back off!" Kuwai voice thundered on the bar. At dahil malapit ang babae sa amin na may hawak ng microphone ay narinig ang boses ni Kuwai sa speaker. Biglaang natigil sa pagkanta ang babae at nagreklamo ang mga nanonood sa pagtanggi ni Kuwai.

Nagpaawa pa ng mukha ang babae pero hindi na kailanman binaling ni Kuwai ang tingin sa kanya.

Kuwai rolled his eyes in annoyance and hold my shoulder, assisting me now to walk away from that girl. Napatianod ako sa hawak ni Kuwai sa akin, pero nakatitig pa rin ako sa babae.

"Oh, you'll give in later. Guwapo." ani ng babae at nalukot ang mukha ko roon. Pinakatitigan ko siya dahil nagtataka talaga ako kung bakit mukha siyang pamilyar. Our eyes met and I suddenly stop walking when realization dawned on me.