202: Red Has Always Been Her Colour

MJ and Cami both opted to nap for the rest of the journey. And, it still wasn't long enough. The diner had been outside the city, meaning the only part they could genuinely relax during was the shortest section of the journey. They were both safe now. They were in New Orleans. They had two Originals with them, both on edge and ready for a fight after having basically shown up at the end of the fight.

They could sleep.

Sleep until they were parked and forced to face the reality of a vibrant city.

Full of supernatural.

Full of people who'd need an explanation.

MJ was a little less groggy than Cami, taking another two sips of the witch blood before bolting into the house, grinning, taking in the space. The Compound may have been a big house, and she may not always love big houses, but its more open plan was perfect for her new skills. Far less likely to run into walls when there weren't many.

Cami was walking behind, calling Marcel, more likely to be answered than Klaus or Kol's, Elijah on that side of the river.

Klaus spotted one of the housekeepers coming to greet them, "Laura!"

"Nik..." Kol was giving him a look.

"Time for an evaluation," Klaus presented the woman to her, "We know you successfully fed off Camille."

Something MJ was sure he'd tell her off for doing once they were in private.

"Let us see if you can do it again."

"No," MJ crossed her arms, "I need enchanted blood."

"To survive," Klaus agreed, "But as a snack..."

MJ curled her lips in.

Miranda said she wasn't 'allergic' to it.

He wasn't wrong.

And The Compound was a safe enough environment. Miranda's blood meant her mind was relatively clear – less likely to lose control...and the vein had tasted better. Drinking Cami's blood had felt nicer than the blood bags. They were good too. And MJ wanted to stay on them, but she also knew Klaus would keep pushing her to feed until she showed him she could.

And Kol probably wanted to see it, given his preference for a live source.

"...Okay," She approached Laura cautiously, "Do you mind if I take a bite?"

"It's what we pay her for," Klaus reminded her.

"I know," MJ shot him a quick glare before focusing on the housekeeper, "I wasn't asking you."

Laura smiled, pushing her hair to the side, "Of course."

It felt dirty.

They were compelled to do whatever the people in the house needed them to do, which meant she couldn't actually say no, and MJ hated it.

"Mira," Klaus prompted, "You can have your moral conundrum once you've eaten."

MJ swallowed.

"We won't let you go wrong, darling."

"It's okay," Laura twirled her hair entirely out of the way, "I'm fine with it."

MJ could feel her face changing, the heartbeat clear in her ear.

She didn't want to be controlled by that type of thing; she didn't want to be able to feel veins under her face at the mere idea of drinking someone's blood.

She'd been able to pull away from Cami, but she was still learning.

MJ didn't know how to stop her body from reacting, and she wouldn't figure it out unless she tried, forcing herself into the woman's personal space, a hand on one side of her neck as she bared her fangs.