230: Pretty Little Bird

The group returned to the apartment together, seemingly in a daze. Everyone just wanted to see a version of MJ clean of blood before they tried to go to bed. She got it; she did. She was just...socially drained. And she knew Kol could tell. His eyes kept reading, 'rest day tomorrow,' and she wanted more than anything to just have that.

It was American Thanksgiving in the morning.

She could take Pri to meet her dad or –

Pri was waiting outside her door?

"Oh my god!" She went to hug MJ, catching herself just in time, "Assuming wounds will hurt if I make contact."

MJ just nodded.

"I'll make my catch-up brief," She lifted a hand, "Kinney arrested Cami – "

Kol did a double take, "But – "

"Maci and I had a thing, left before it happened, and she only just texted. Vincent messaged too – apparently, your compulsion only covered him thinking Cami plus someone else, not Cami herself," Pri watched MJ rush her phone out, "She got let out because they didn't have enough evidence."

MJ breathed out in relief.

"Which sounds stupid."

"Stupid?" Kol pushed.

"How can they take her in if they don't have enough evidence?" Pri reasoned, "They didn't take MJ in; they just questioned her. This was a full warrant, according to Vincent."

If Vincent had texted Pri, he must've been stressed.

"She's texting back," MJ frowned, "Wants to sleep it off."

She'd call her in the morning.

"That all?"

"Well," Pri lifted a vial of blood up, "Something else too."

Everyone shared a look.

"Lucien's cure to wolf bites? Not a siphoner, or hybrid, or spell, but an injection."

Maci had told her to hold off, but Pri didn't care.

His solution had entered her body.

If there was something off with it, they needed to know ASAP.

"Here's a sample."

MJ caught it, "Um – "

"Maci had a venom sample," Her slight compliance, "Made it look like I got bitten. Called in a favour with her oh-so-great old friend."

Kol stared at the vial in MJ's hand.

"You'll have to deal with vamp magic and stuff, but he wouldn't let us just walk out with it," Pri shifted, "Got all my blood in a box for you if one sample isn't enough."

"Oh my god," MJ wanted to hug her, "You're amazing."

"Considered giving it to Klaus to get him off my back, but," She shrugged, "I don't trust him not to hide it in irrelevancy panic."

"Thank you so much."

"Thank me if it actually ends up useful," Pri raised a hand, "And if I don't suddenly die in my sleep 'cos he gave me a fake."

"You let yourself take that risk," Sam was scanning her, "You could die."

"Or I could have a super awesome, super cool siphoner friend who'd cure me."

"Exactly," MJ pointed at her, "Let's see what this new mystical cure might actually be."

"In the morning," Pri shook her head, "Or in a week – or whenever you get time."