231: Out Of The Easy

a/n: Throwback outfit board hehe - hope you enjoy <3 So excited for next chapter as this is more calm before the storm lol
Remember to comment and vote x Bea

MJ handled the invitations while Elijah sorted the details, designing little cards and spelling them to find their relevant guest before pouring food into Basil's bowl.

Kol appeared from the balcony.

"Thanksgiving?" He looked disgusted, "Do we have to go?"

"Yes."

He flopped onto the bed, "Will you be flirting with Klaus to cause chaos?"

"I'll talk to him the way I always do. If Aurora has a problem with that – that's on her," MJ moved to the mouse's water bottle, "Did Maci's blood help with anything?"

"It came up with dots of magic across the world."

"Freya could track all Sister magic," MJ frowned, "But not specifically Rebekah."

"She could channel Hope and overpower them."

"But there's no way that's happening. Meaning we need to find a loophole."

"Breaking a familial binding seal," He slowly lay back down, "Any GPS update."

"One moment," MJ moved to a laptop on the desk, "Thankfully, I know her passwords."

The loading screen took a moment.

"Huh," MJ was almost impressed, "They cloned her phone."

Kol sat up, "You can't track it?"

"They cloned it multiple times," MJ showed him the screen, "Cloned phones can still be tracked. But there are like six locations here."

The laptop was put back on the desk.

"Well..."

"A spell to break a family seal it is."

"Kol," MJ softened, "Do you wanna talk about Rebekah?"

His eyes glanced up.

"If she's coming home – "

"What do I have to talk about?"

"Why you guys haven't been talking."

He bit his cheek.

"You're missing the magic," She sat beside him, "And talking to her about her travels with it would suck. I get it."

Quiet.

"I don't like that you guys have stopped – "

"I appreciate the concern," He bumped her shoulder, "But the less Bekah and I talk now, the more we can talk when she returns."

MJ's eyebrows creased.

"Rebekah and I are fine," Kol repeated, "She calls you more than she calls me because, like everyone else in this house, she likes you more than she likes me."

"Half my calls with Rebekah have been about how she wanted your help."

Kol's expression faltered.

"You didn't reach out," MJ got why he didn't want to, "You were helping me. And adapting yourself, but I don't want you on the side-lines of your own family."

He and Klaus had been doing so well when Levi Ajan arrived.

"...Maybe I should've written to her."

"Phones exist."

"I'll keep that in mind when she jets off again."

"And," MJ brushed her knuckles against his, "If you wanna go back to a witch body for a bit, I can sort that for you."