4 - The Show

Even from backstage, I can hear the crowd absolutely going wild. How many are seeing My Chem for the first time? How many have been here from the start, even when we were just a tiny band playing in tiny places, and followed because they saw something in us? The thought of it makes me smile.

Gerard and I wait for Frank, Mikey, and Ray. It's been about 10 minutes in silence. I kinda want it to stay this way.

"Soo, uhh, you ready. .for the show?"

"Yeah. What about you?"

He looked taken aback. "You actually care about how I'm feeling?"

"Yeah, don't push it."

*Very, very slight trigger*

"Well, in that case, I'm ready I think." He popped some kind of pills in his mouth. .Too many for a normal prescription amount.

*Very, very slight trigger over*

"What was that?"

"What was what?" He looked confused.

"What did you just put in your mouth?"

"Vitamin, why?"

"Liar."

"Uh, no, I'm not."

"Gerard, I know you don't like me very much, but don't lie to me. I can tell when you are."

"I'm not lying."

"Then show me the bottle they come in."

"No."

"I thought you weren't lying."

"I'm not."

"I'm doing this for your good. Hand them over."

"Since when?"

"What do you mean 'since when?' I don't care how much I hate you, no one deserves to suffer like this. Give me the pills, Gerard."

"No."

"Then at least tell me what they really are."

"Anxiety medication. ."

"Yeah, give them to me."

"Y/n, no. Leave me alone."

"No. I'm not leaving you alone until you stop hurting yourself like this."

"I- what?"

"You heard me. Hand over the pills, or it's gonna look really wrong in the guys' eyes when they see what I'm doing."

"Y/N, I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE." He snapped.

"I'm trying to help you! Can you not see that?!?"

"Yeah, I can! I DON'T WANT IT. LEAVE ME ALONE."

I then put my hands on his hips and slide them into his jacket pockets, him trying to squirm away. He isn't putting up much of a fight. I take the pills and put them in my bag, underneath all of the stuff in there.

At that moment, the rest of the boys walk in. Called it.

"What's going on?" F

"Nothing, don't worry about it." G

"Guys. . .What's actually going on?" M

"Nothing, Mikey." I feel bad for slightly snapping at him. "Sorry."

"It's okay." M

"Well, are you guys ready?" R

"Yeah! Let's go!!"

Gerard POV

How can she go like nothing is happening? How can she act like she hates me, but then make an effort to help me? Girls just don't make sense.