Playing House: Liam

By the time we left Malibu the next morning, we'd had so much sex that I was sore. I don't think I could've come anymore if my life depended on it. I honestly wasn't sure how Allegra was even walking. The girl was a trooper, that much was clear. A trooper with a higher sex drive than even I had. And trust me, I was counting myself one lucky son of a bitch because of it. I mean, fuck. I woke up that morning with my dick in her mouth. Never look a gift horse in the mouth, right? However, the morning drive that Monday was taking us longer than I had anticipated, and the longer it took, the antsier Allegra got.

"I'm going to be late to my first day," she mumbled, stomping her feet a bit against the floorboard of my Jeep.

"No, you're not," I assured, giving her hand a squeeze. "The shop is way closer to us now then my house. I'll just drop you off."

"How will I get home?"

I scoffed as if the answer was obvious. And it was. At least to me. "I'll pick you up, dork."

Allegra's eyes widened for a fraction of a second before she schooled her expression. "You don't have to do that. I'm sure you've got better things going on."

I arched a questioning eyebrow in her direction. "It's really not that big of a deal, Legs. What time are you off?"

Allegra shrugged almost unnoticeably. "Like seven I think."

"Alright. I'll pick you up at seven," I stated. "See? Easy peasy." Allegra gave me a flash of a smile, but I could tell she was still unnerved about something, and, to my own surprise, it was making ME nervous. I was so used to not giving a shit about how anyone else felt, that it took me a second to recognize the staccato heartbeat in my chest was because her nerves were becoming my own. "What's going on?" I asked, glancing at her from behind my Raybans. "Why do you look like you've swallowed a whole hive of bees?"

Allegra shrugged and shuffled in her seat a bit. She looked out the passenger side, sank further into the seat, then finally turned her attention back to me. "It's a bit weird, don't you think?"

"What is?" I asked.

"The whole... dropping me off, picking me up thing. It feels really relationship-y, doesn't it?"

I chuckled a bit and gave my head a wave. "I mean, no. I've given plenty of people I wasn't dating a ride. Haven't you?"

"After you've spent the whole weekend in bed with 'em?"

"I mean, no... but I usually don't spend a whole lot more than a few hours in bed with the same person, so I wouldn't really use it as a measuring stick."

Allegra just sighed and sagged even further into my upholstery.

I could feel my face contorting with confusion. "What's going on here?" I asked with another bit of a scoff. "I thought you... WE enjoyed this weekend. I thought things were going well..."

Allegra sighed and tried to disguise an eyeroll. "They are! I mean, I did. That's not what I'm saying."

"Then what's the problem?"

Allegra released a frustrated little growl that I probably would've found adorable if I wasn't currently freaking out a bit. Had I read this entire weekend wrong? Was this just like... a fun weekend away to her? Were we done exploring? Was I... was I the one being used?

Her voice interrupted the torpedoing thoughts bouncing through my brain.  "I just don't want to dive headfirst into something, and have it bite me in the ass, okay? I don't want to run around playing house and then have you decide your little experiment is over."

"Baby..."

"I'm not actively trying to get my heartbroken, ya know? So let's not make this too serious too soon."