Constant Changes: Allegra

"I look like a whale." I said as I patted my stomach. In all honesty, I was probably just bloated, but I was already more than willing to blame every little thing on the pregnancy. I sighed as I heard Liam scoff from the shower behind me and I turned to glare at him through the fogged glass.

Liam had been home just about two weeks and we'd yet to leave the house, but today, for some reason that I could NOT decipher, he was hell-bent on going baby shopping. I'd tried to convince him to just spend another day in bed, but he was having none of it. So, here we were, getting ready for brunch and an afternoon of baby shopping.

"You don't look like a whale," Liam retorted, scrubbing his hands over his face as the steaming water poured over him. "You've barely gained any weight."

"I've gained four pounds!" I exclaimed incredulously.

Liam scoffed at me again. "I gain more than that with a food baby on a daily basis."

"Yeah, except somehow all you seem to gain is muscle... asshole."

"Not true. And you're not even two months along. It's probably all in your imagination anyway," Liam stated as he turned off the shower and slid open the glass door. I had to actively keep myself from drooling, staring at his bare, glistening body. Every time I saw this man, I found a new favorite part of him. Today it happened to be the freckles scattered across his chest, almost indistinguishable behind the smattering of dark, sprouting hairs and even darker ink. Apparently, superheroes didn't have body hair, so he'd been waxed every other week or so during filming, but now he was embracing his hairy man status. And I LOVED it. Or at least my heightened libido did.

I bit down on my bottom lip hard as he tucked his fluffy black towel around his waist. "Are you sure we have to leave the house?" I asked, putting on my very best innocent, doe eyed expression as he stepped toward me. I leaned against the counter behind me and ran my index finger down his chest, hoping to seduce him into staying inside just a wee bit longer. "We could just... stay here?"

"I know what you're doing," Liam smirked, reaching up and wrapping his fingers around my hand. He pulled it from his chest but kept holding my hand. "Trying to distract me with those sex kitten eyes ain't gonna work."

I pouted. "Why not?"

Liam laughed and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me up against his skin, still warm from his shower. "Because we can't just hole up in here until the baby is born."

"Sure we can! Everything delivers nowadays!"

I felt Liam's groan before it slipped softly between his lips. "No. I want to do this. I want to get out of the house for a bit and go out and do something like a normal couple, ya know?"

"But does it have to be baby shopping?"

"Why are you so against this?" Liam asked with a little laugh as he stepped to my side and readied his toothbrush. "I mean, we've got to get it done sometime in the next eight months or so. Why not start now?"

"Where are we going to put it all?" I asked, pretending as if that had something to do with my apprehension. It didn't, but it was as good of an excuse as any.

Liam gave me an odd look, complete with his toothbrush hanging out of the corner of his mouth. "The empty room down the hall?" he responded, sounding like his words were more of a question than a statement. "Where did you think we were gonna put the baby?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. We've never really talked about it."

"I mean, I think down the hall from their parents would be the best option."