Date Night: Liam

"I gotta say, I'm impressed," Meredith stated with a surprised wave of her head as I sank into the chair across from hers. "Almost a month and not one appearance in the tabloids or the gossip sites. Never thought I'd see the day."

I couldn't wipe the shit eating grin from my face. And I hadn't been able to, in over a week. I was feeling fucking great. It was a beautiful day, Allegra and I had been... well, whatever we were for over a week now, and things were fucking grand. REALLY grand. I mean, there wasn't a man on the planet that would complain waking up next to the girl I had. And if he did, he was dumber than a box of rocks. She was funny, and beautiful and kind and she only got more so the more time we spent together. Plus, there was a roaring sexual inferno in that tiny little frame, and I was eating up every second of it like a Thanksgiving feast.

"What's that grin about?" Meredith asked with a knowing smirk of her own. "What's going on?"

"Nothing," I answered with a laugh.

"You're full of shit. What's going on?" Meredith prodded. "What are you hiding?"

"Don't worry about it," I dismissed. "I'm... occupied and happy. That's all you need to know."

"There's a girl, isn't there?"

I waggled my eyebrows and gave her a taunting grin. "Why, Mere? You jealous?"

"In your dreams, kid," Meredith scoffed. "Seriously. Are you dating somebody? Spill!"

I chuckled and gave my head a shake. "I don't know what we're doing, but I guess, but yeah, I'm kinda seeing somebody."

"Well, ho-ly shit. I never thought I'd see the day."

"Ease up, it's not like I'm getting hitched."

"But you're not out trying to bang every woman within a twenty-mile radius, so that's something."

"Trust me, I ain't got the fuckin' energy," I laughed, feeling just a bit like I was gloating. I definitely was.

I mean, it was the truth. I had zero complaints in the physical department. There wasn't a need for me to look anywhere else. Allegra kept me more than occupied. Granted, we didn't spend a ton of time having deep conversations, but... I didn't mind that. Deep conversations weren't really my forte anyway. Giving a girl a good dicking, that was where I excelled.

"And what happens when you head to Atlanta for six weeks"

I momentarily froze. That was a good fucking question. Not one we'd ever discussed. In fact, we'd kind of avoided the topic on purpose. Or at least she had. I tried to bring it up a few times, but it didn't take long for me to realize she wasn't interested in the conversation. Did I want to be with anyone else at the moment? No. But could I say that would be the case in a few weeks in the midst of what would probably be my driest spell since I'd moved to Hollywood? I couldn't really say that either. I didn't know how I would feel. And I didn't really know what Allegra wanted.

"I mean, I don't know..."

"You should probably figure it out, don't you think?" Meredith asked, leaning her chin on top of her primly posed hand. "Especially since she's got you grinning like an idiot right now."

"We'll figure it out."

"You better. The hardest part of a relationship is communication, and I don't know if you know this, but you suck at it."

"I'm more than aware, thanks," I responded dryly.

I was bad at communication, sure, but I was the one trying to talk. Allegra? Allegra was even worse.