Chapter 2 - Contribution

After my surroundings began to stabilize, I found myself already seated in a bus seat along with the passengers.

While looking around, I saw Ayanokouji, the main character, staring at the window, and Horikita, also a main character, reading a book.

Since this is the first part of COTE, I should relax for now and try my best not to cause a scene.

By the way, what does he mean that I couldn't handle my memories in my current state? Does that mean that the memories that contains the cause of my death was very tragic that it must be sealed off? That could be the right conclusion if that's the case.

While contemplating silenlty, a commotion occured. It was an argument between the office lady and the young boy with blonde hair. Their fight started because the old lady has difficulty on standing up and the blonde-haired boy didn't want to give up his seat because he said that it was tiring. The office lady keeps insisting that Koenji should give up his seat for the elderly because it is the right thing to do.

But unfortunately, she was countered with facts and logic by Koenji, in which she has no choice but to clench her fist in frustration.

Then suddenly, the girl with short, brown hair helped out the office lady against Koenji. But sadly, he was still not fazed by his opponents which is apparent by his narcissistic personality.

Kushida has no choice but to ask everyone inside the bus to help out the old lady.

But still, no one is still willing to give up their own seats for the old lady. Then, she looked at the person behind her. His face has a refined appearance similar to the man with blonde hair and his black hair was color black tied in a ponytail. His crimson red eyes exudes a calm demeanor like a very mature person. He could be mistaken as an adult if he wasn't wearing a uniform.

"Um, excuse me, can I ask if you can give up your seat for the old lady?"

"..."

And yes, the person who was described as a mature person was me. It seems that she wants me to give up my seat for the old lady.

"Excuse me-"

"Daga Kotowaru"

But since I already knew what she will ask, I decided to give her an answer immediately by refusing. I totally agree with the man with blonde hair this time. I mean, it was really tiring for me to stand up for long periods of time since it will cause a burden in my mental health.

"Wha?!" she exclaimed in surprise since she thought that no one will be able to refuse a cute girl like her.

"Are you deaf? I said I don't want to" I said to her loud and clear.

Everyone inside the bus, including the driver, was looking at my direction. Some look at me with bewilderment, some look at me with curiosity, and some look at me with annoyance. Koenji was also looking at me with interest, I think.

"But why? It can be your chance to contribute into the society!" She exclaimed. So she's using her "contribute to society" tactic again, huh? Then I'll gladly give it back at her.

"You said that if I help the old lady right now, I can contribute to the society, am I right?" As I talk, I stand up and begin to walk slowly at Kushida.

"Your right!" she replied with a soft joyful tone.

"If you are so into contributing to society, then why don't you contribute by giving up your OWN seat for the old lady earlier?" I asked her.

"Th-that's..."

"So that means you are not really interested in giving up your own seat for the old lady? Your KINDNESS was just an act so that you can become popular?" I questioned.

As I continued to blabber, she was still smiling, but if you look closely, she started to get cold sweat. It's really fun to mess with this rotten woman since I already knew her true nature.

"I...um...".

"Stop that, you bastard!"

Suddenly, a man interrupted my conversation with Kushida. His appearnce is similar to an office worker. And it seems that he's into exercising just by looking at his well-built body.

"Why are you trying to bully an innocent girl like her?! Do you have no shame?!"

"haha"

The man was surprised by my unexpected reaction. But that is just the beginning.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA" I laughed so hard that all the passengers inside the bus are bewildered by my reaction.

"W-what's gotten into you?!"

"Hey mister, why are you butting in to kid's fight?"

He was perplexed when I mention our bickering as a kid's fight.

Nevertheless, he replied, "That's because you're acting like a piece of shit. If you just gave up your seat earlier, this wouldn't happen".

"And this wouldn't also happen if you gave up your seat for the old lady by using your common sense earlier. You are more older than me, and as an adult you should show an example to the youths how a "mature" adult acts. And yet, you act the same like this bitch here, you have no shame". I shook my head sideways, showing my disappointment to the office worker.

"YOU!" he shouted.

While he was fuming with anger, he approached me in a faster speed while raising his fist, it appears that he wants to punch me.

As he was about to hit my face, I immediately grasped his fist and twist it forward.

"AHHHHHH" he kneeled into the floor as he screamed in pain, and it was intensified as I continue to rotate it slowly.

"Things won't escalate to this point if you just behave yourself. Now look at you, you are humiliated by a "teenager who acts like a piece of shit" today".

I wanted to beat this to guy to bring him back to his senses, but since it wasn't necessary for the time being, I decided to let go of his wrist and continue "But if you want me to leave my seat, go ahead, I don't need it anymore since all you do is just to annoy me".

I walked away from my seat and grabbed the grab handle of the bus to stabilize myself while standing. Few passengers glanced at me but didn't bother me which is a good thing.

After the situations is resolved, we immediately get back into our own business.

***

As the bus reached into my destination, I descended away from the bus and approach the entrance of the school gate.

"Wait right there"

I was suddenly stopped by a familiar voice. I turned around and it was the boy with blonde hair who argues with the office lady.

If I remember correctly, he was a huge troublemaker in Ayanokouji's classroom. Because of his narcissistic personality, many people didn't like him which is apparent to the attitude he shown to the office lady in the bus earlier.

"What?" I asked him, being skeptical at his actions.

"Say, how about we chat while we walk towards the entrance ceremony, hm?" he proposed.

Why did he want to associate his self with me? In the first part of the novel, he didn't socialize with other people because of his personality, obviously.

Unless, if you catch his interest, he will just glance at you then ignore you as if he is looking at a tiny speck of dust.

"Sure, I think there is no problem with that." I replied.

This is just the first part of the novel, so I should relax myself a bit.

TO BE CONTINUED.