Chapter 15 - Farewell...

Okuma POV

Today is now a day before midterms. Most of my classmates are still worried if they could pass the exam since we discovered just now that the topics for the exams had already been changed since last week.

Looking at their faces, I could probably say that they are not very confident if they were able to pass, let alone ace the exam.

"Everyone, could you please listen to me for a moment?".

As they were about to leave, Kushida garners the attention of all my classmates from the podium while placing a stack of papers in the table.

"The test questions I have right now comes from the senpai I knew. These test questions might appear on the exams tomorrow, so please take it with you".

After Kushida delivered all test questions one by one, all students shouted in happiness.

"Wow! Thank you Kushida! You saved my life!" Ike shouted with joy.

"With this, we might be able to pass the exams. Why the hell do we need to study if we can have this earlier?" Yamauchi asked.

"Who cares about that? What matters is that we can pass the exams!" Sudou shouted in excitement.

With these test questions, we can now say that all of us can safely survive the midterms. Although, I don't really need it, I'll just receive it with gladness.

===

Ayanokouji POV

Finally, midterms are now ended and we are now waiting to see if all of us passed the exam.

As the door slid open, silence descended once again as sensei strode into the podium while holding a large rolled-up paper.

She then scanned around us before asking, "Before we start, are there any questions?".

"Did we pass the exam?" Ike nervously asked.

"Don't worry, I will now reveal it to all of you".

She then opened the rolled-up paper and posted it to the board.

"These are the scores for the midterms last week".

After most of the students looked at their scores, loud cheers are spreading around the classroom.

"Oh yeah!".

"Thank God!".

"Phew, I'm glad I passed".

After a good minute, Chabashira-sensei continued, "Congratulations, mostly all of you have passed. However...".

As she was delaying her reply, nervousness creeped up to most of us.

And it was further intensified as she opens her mouth.

"Sudou failed in the English test".

At her response, gasps were heard. And Sudou frantically stood up as if to make sure if he heard it right.

"What the hell?! Don't joke around Sensei!".

"I'm sorry Sudou, but you failed to get the passing grade of 40".

"But... I thought that you need 32 points to pass the exam?!".

"That was just before, the passing score is now different since the average score has been increased. If you score one more point, then you would be able to pass".

So we were one step behind, huh. If we got the cooperation of everyone to lower their scores for Sudou, it might work. Unfortunately, it's unknown whether they are willing to sacrifice their scores for the sake of just one person.