Chapter 19 - House of Cards

Okuma POV

Though, it's already been one day after Chabashira-sensei called us out. I still don't have any idea why am I involved in this case. It's frustrating.

And this feeling was further intensified as Chabashira-sensei delivers a sudden announcement when she was about leave after homeroom.

"Oh right, I almost forgot. A trouble was brewing between Sudou and Okuma against Class C. Basically, there is a fight between them".

The classroom shocked in horror. The class was about to receive their private points and was about to spend it merrily when suddenly, a few students caused a problem for them. They already knew what will happen if they cause a ruckus, that is, no private points for them.

"But why is there no progress on solving this case?". Hirata asked her a question.

"That's because the complainant comes from Class C. They stated that Sudou was the first one who started the fight. But Sudou stated, however, that the one who started it was them. As for Okuma, he said that he was falsely accused. That's why, for the school to come in a decision, the whole school will be informed about this situation".

"Wait! You can't tell the whole school! I can't participate in my basketball practice if this comes out!". Sudou shouted in a panic.

"It is really unfortunate, Sudou". But contrary to her words, her face didn't show even a slightest worried expression. "Though, if there is a witness who saw the whole incident, that would change, however. Raise your hands to those who saw the incident".

After no one raised their hands in response, she turned to Sudou's direction. "I guess you need to prepare on leaving this school, Sudou".

"...Damn it". He cursed as he balled his fist in frustration.

"And don't think I forgot about you, Okuma". She then looked at my direction with a fierce glare. She looks angry at my case rather than Sudou's. Though, maybe that was just my imagination.

"The trial will be held next Tuesday, so better prepare your evidences and eyewitnesses, or the two of you will kiss your school life goodbye". After her reminder, she strode out of the room, not giving a damn on the chaos she ensued.

Without anything to do in this situation, Sudou stood up and grabbed his bag to walk out from the classroom.

When Sudou got out from our sight, the classroom started to complain how bad the situation currently is. However, they are focusing on the issue of private points, rather than Sudou's case.

"Damn, I thought Sudou changed already. He dragged us down when we just increased our class points". Ike complained with boldness since the person he insulted was already outside. If Sudou hears this, he will definitely beat the crap out of him in a matter of seconds.

But I agree in his statement. If we lose this case, then we will be in deep trouble. Not only that our way to the top was halted, our unity will be wavered at this point.

A gust of wind is enough to tumble a house of cards, they say. And the house of cards represents our fragile unity.

Fortunately, the only people who glues the cards together are the leaders, specifically Karuizawa, who takes the lead of most of the girls, Hirata, who takes the lead on his fan girls, and Kushida, who takes the lead of most of the students, mostly boys who fawn over her like Ike and Yamauchi.

But sadly, even if the whole structure was glued until there is no gaps left and it is now tough against a gust of wind. When facing against a hail of storm where it rains ice, it was still fragile as a twig.