Chapter 26 - Deja Vu

Okuma POV

After I got out from my room in preparation for the day of the school, I noticed a boy with brown hair talking to a girl with long pink hair as they walked towards the main building. I decided to trail them until I got into a certain distance.

"Ayanokouji?". I called him out to grab his attention, which is a success as he turned his head on me.

"Oh, hello Okuma". He greeted.

"By the way, who is she?". I asked him, looking at the girl beside her.

"She's Ichinose Honami. A student from Class 1-B".

"Hello". She formally greeted me with a bit of seriousness on her face, as if she was facing the most dangerous enemy. Not that I really mind, since I am also aware at my infamous reputation.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Okuma Ikuto from Class 1-D. I'm apparently a classmate with Ayanokouji".

"O-Oh. Nice to meet you, too!", greeted Ichinose back. She was stuttering a bit, as if she was surprised by something.

"Is something wrong?". I asked her, tilting my head on the side.

"Well, I was a bit surprised in your respectful tone, you see. My first impression of you is that you are a totally brash delinquent. My bad".

Hey. Even if I'm violent, I didn't just do it without a reason. I'm a reasonable human being as well. At her statement, however, I can't help but felt a sense of Deja Vu. I might be imagining things.

"Speaking of first impressions, did we already meet each other?". I asked. The way she talks to me seems like she already knew about me.

"Well, not really. Remember the time when the student from Class C was making a fuss in the library? I was the one who intervened".

I see, now I remember. She was the student who was trying to stop Sudou and that Yama-guy or whatever from Class C from fighting. After that, I also intervened on their squabble, causing the fight to end early.

Ichinose Honami. One of the supporting characters on the Classroom of the Elite novel. She was one of the leading pillars who guides her class, much like a shepherd guiding a herd of sheep.

She was also a crucial character that helps Ayanokouji develop in one way or another. Her personality is like saint, very kind even to those who are her enemies. Which is why they were able to exploit her weak point and break her down. If not for Ayanokouji, she would've leave the school. Even if she didn't leave, time will tell when will their class' unity crumble bit by bit.

For now, she was still okay. Still believing that if you do good, they will reciprocate back, which is very unrealistic for me.

"Oh right, do you guys felt excited for summer break?". Ichinose asked, looking at both of us with curious gazes.

"Summer break?". Asked Ayanokouji, tilting his head.

"Yeah. I heard rumors that we'll be going in a private island owned by the school. Don't you guys think that it will be fun?". Ichinose asked with joy, as if she was going on a field trip.

The whole first grade going on a vacation to a private island just for the enjoyment of students? Yeah, too good to be true. It's like an advertisement saying that you can buy a car with lower interest rate, but when it comes to using it, the performance is just jack shit.

Basically, rather than a vacation, it would be accurate to call it an island for survival. You'll get what I mean after we are all being sent to the island.

"Well, let's just see when that time comes". Ayanokouji said, shifting back his focus straight on his path.

"Hm?".