Chapter 8 - Being Mediocre Isn't Enough

Today is Monday, the first day of May. This is the day my classmates anticipated the most because they will finally be able to receive private points.

... Or so they thought.

As the bell for the first period rang, Chabashira entered the classroom while holding a rolled-up poster on her arms.

"Sensei, do you have menopause?" Ike asked.

...

Huh, guess I'm not surprise on his antics anymore...

Ignoring Ike's insulting comment, Sensei started talking, "I know most of you guys have many questions. So before we start, ask right away on what's your mind".

The student named Honda raised his hand. As Sensei gave him permission, he stood up and asked, "Uhm, Sensei, why didn't we still received our points? Points will be sent to us every month, right?"

"Exactly Sensei! We can't buy anything because we still don't have points! I can't even buy breakfast this morning" the other guy(Yamauchi) added.

"I'm sure that the school clearly stated that you will receive points on the first day every month" Sensei reminded.

"But if that's the case, Sensei. Then, why is the amount is still the same? Did the school forgot on including us".

Hoh, I can guess where this will lead to...

After hearing their complaints, Sensei looked both of them with contempt as if they were monkeys, "Are you guys stupid?".

She said it. She said the thing.

After hearing her remarks, most of the students can't help but be stupefied on their teacher's remarks, not to mention, their own class advisor.

"Wha- what do you mean, Sensei?" Honda the car can't help but ask.

"Sit down, Hondou" Sensei commanded.

After Honda parked himself, I mean Hondou, Sensei started explaining, "As far as I know, the points will be deposited every month. There's no way that this elite school, which boasts higher employment rate, would forget sending points on one classroom while the other classroom already received their points" Sensei explained.

"But, even if I understand it, we still didn't have our points..." Hondou said as he can't get in terms with reality.

As most of the students didn't understand the situation, Koenji suddenly laughed, "Ha Ha Ha! Just say that you didn't truly understand, boy".

"Then what about you, Koenji? Did you know something about this?"

"Of course, I do". he said as he comb his hair.

He then looked at Hondou with a smirk on his face and continued, "That's because we're Class D".

Because of his answer, Hondou can't help but ask, "What does that suppose to mean? Didn't Sensei already said that we will receive points every mo-"

"Really? I don't remember her saying that, do you?" Koenji interrupted him while shrugging.

"Even if he has problems in his attitude, Koenji is somewhat right. For God's sake, do you think that you'll receive your points with no strings attached?" because of sensei's revelation, most of my classmates can't help but feel nervous.

In response to sensei's statement, Hirata suddenly asked, "But Sensei, if you told us earlier, we would've behave from the start".

In Hirata's argument, Chabashira can't help but facepalm on his statement, "Hirata, do we still need to tell you that you must be doing this and that? Please, Hirata, for the love of God, you're already grown-up teenagers, you've been already taught on what to do and not what to do since middle school. Do we still need to remind you?".