Chapter 18 - Apology

Ayanokouji POV

Peace is once my friend. He always makes me feel relaxed whenever I was near him.

Until he wasn't.

-Knock. Knock. Knock.

Hearing the knock, I put down my phone and proceeded towards the door and opened it. What greeted me was Sudou, who looks nervous for reasons unknown.

"What's wrong?". I started asking him.

"I want to talk you about something". He said with a nervous look.

"You mean about the incident of you and Okuma being called at the teacher's lounge?".

He nodded.

"Get in first". I said as I motioned him to come inside my room.

After he took a seat in the floor, I started the conversation.

"I'd like to ask, is your problem really that serious?".

"Well, yeah". He meekly agreed.

"So, why did you first approach me? You could've asked Ike or Yamauchi?".

"I just thought that they aren't really fit for this matter".

I could somehow agree with him.

"So, what's the problem?".

"So-".

-Knock. Knock. Knock.

As Sudou was about to talk about his situation, someone knocked the door again.

And surprisingly, it opens even if it was locked. And when the door opens, I saw Kushida's face, holding a keycard.

Wait, a keycard?

"Hello Ayanokouji-kun. I just saw Sudou entering your room, would you mind if you let me in?".

"Well, sure. But before that, how were you able to open my dorm room?". I asked her. I totally make sure that I locked it before Sudou gets in the room. Maybe it has to do with the keycard she was holding.

"Oh, this? This is a duplicate keycard. We just decided to make our own duplicate since we decided this is would be our meeting spot".

Wait a minute. I didn't even know about this. What's more surprising is that they didn't even consult it with me, the one who lives here.

Just to make sure, I looked at Sudou. "Did you also have one, Sudou?".

"Well, yeah. I'm just going along on what these guys do. But I don't mind if I give it back to you". He said, rummaging his bag until he got the keycard and handed it out to me.

"Thanks".

When he gave back the duplicate keycard, Kushida starts questioning us.

"So, what're you guys talking about? Is it about the time when you and Okuma-kun are being called by the school?".

"Well, yes. I was about to tell Ayanokouji about it until you knocked. But it's fine, I was about to say it anyways".

Sudou then proceeded on explaining the situation.

So in short, Sudou was called by the school earlier because he beaten up some of the guys in Class C. He claimed that they called him out in an empty building and they are the ones who started the fight. However, while Sudou beat them, the Class C guys didn't retaliate, which results on them having bruises on their body. And when things goes up to this point, they have the upper hand because it didn't make sense if the three Class C students didn't fight back against him since they have the advantage in numbers.