Chapter 13 - Forgiveness

Okuma POV

Roses are red, violets are blue.

When I tried to sleep.

-Ding!

My phone got noisy too.

"Hm?".

As the lunch period started, the notification of my phone released a sound. When I try to look at it, it was a message sent by Ayanokouji, asking me if I want to join lunch with him in the cafeteria.

I'm sure that Ayanokouji totally didn't want to ask for my company since the incident yesterday. That means it was probably Horikita who asked him to message me.

While pondering a little, I immediately come into conclusion.

"I guess I should join" I said as I put back my things on my bag without bothering replying on his message.

Picking up my bag up, I headed out towards the cafeteria.

===

Ayanokouji POV

Now that most of the failing students, which are Sudou, Ike, and Yamauchi, are here. The only one we have to wait is Okuma.

Although, I'm not sure that he will come here, I'm still holding on to that hope.

Not long after, Okuma entered the cafeteria and started looking around. When he looked at us, he approached us.

"So... What do you want?" he asked with skepticism.

Afterwards, Horikita stood up from her seat and walk herself to his front, she then asked, "Okuma-kun, please join on our study group again".

"...".

At his silence, Horikita added, "I want your answer right now-".

"Daga Kotowaru" Okuma instantly replied as he turned around to leave.

'That was fast' I thought to myself.

At his retreat, she immediately shouted at him with hurry, "Wait a second, Okuma-kun!".

At her plead, he stopped on his tracks and turned around to look at her, willing to listen on what she will say.

"I know that what I said was offensive" she admitted.

"Oh really? If so, then apologize, with honesty of course" he demanded.

After gathering her courage, she spoke, "Okuma-kun, I hate you".

"W-what?!" Kushida exclaimed, including the rest of us.

"Then eat shit" Okuma said as he raised his middle finger before he turned around to walk away from us.

Kushida became nervous on this unexpected development, but nevertheless, Horikita continued.

"But I knew that, deep within my heart, what I said to you, and to the trio, was wrong. I was blinded by my irrationality causing me to say hurtful words. Although, you might not show it, you were very furious on what I said before..., even until now".

After hearing her statement, Okuma then turned around to face us.

"And because of that...".she trailed off.

Horikita approached Okuma and bowed her head infront of him, "I truly apologize on what I have done. I hope that you could join our study group again".

On this scene, the Idiot Trio, especially Sudou, can't help but agape their mouth in surprise since this was the first time that the prideful Horikita took out her dignity in order to show how sincere she is. And Kushida also can't hide her surprise as she covered her mouth with her two hands.