Chapter 17 - Unexpected Incident

Okuma POV

A week has passed since we passed the exam. We faced several difficulties, but managed to overcome them. Though, neither Koenji nor I did enough contribution to this class. Not that I care anyway.

And now for the long awaiting highlight of this day. We can now receive private points and use it to our hearts desires. Even if it is a meager amount of points, it is still better than having nothing.

Though when the month ends, usually, the points will instantly deposit to our accounts depending on the number of Class points, right? The time for homeroom was already near but we still didn't receive our private points.

And it seems that I'm not the only one who faced this issue. Because right now, my classmates' faces are filled with worries like the time from May 1st. 

Which means an unknown incident happened again. Well, it's not really unknown to me since I already knew what incident it is.

As I thought about the situation in my head. Chabashira-sensei entered the room, who strode towards the podium.

"Sensei, what happened to our points?". A boy named Ike asked her a question, which then followed by another, then by another. Until a domino effect has been taken place, asking her the same type of questions over and over again.

"Calm down, if you're talking about your private points, I will discuss about it right now". She said as she puts down her stuff on the table.

"Now, regarding the points for this month, it will be delayed until a certain problem is resolved". Chabashira-sensei replied.

"If it is a technical issue, then shouldn't we receive some compensation for it?". Ike asked grumpily.

"It depends on the situation, Ike. Rest assured that the points will be sent to each of your accounts immediately if the problem is resolved".

Without anything to say, Ike and the others shut their mouths up while Chabashira-sensei continued the homeroom as usual.

===

Ayanokouji POV

After the class in the morning, lunchtime arrived. Lunchtime is the time where many people huddled together with their group of friends to chat and have fun with each other.

As for me, however, there are some people that I can't really say that they are my friends, like Kushida and the Idiot Trio. Although, I joined with Idiot Trio more often, it seems like our friendship is still in the flatline. The same is true with Kushida. But I can say that the closest connection I formed here in this classroom is Horikita, unfortunately.

"I bet you're thinking something bad about me, Ayanokouji-kun". She said with a slight glare.

"No I'm not. I replied in a blink of an eye.

Not minding the way I reply, she continued. "Aren't you so pathetic that you are still here, hoping that other people took notice of your request joining lunch with you?".

Ouch. She's hitting my sore spot.

"What about you? Why are you still alone?". I countered, hoping to make a comeback.

"That is totally fine with me." She replied with no agitation. "As if I care about about other people who drags me down".

"But aren't you the one who is responsible why you are placed here?". Is what I wanted to say to her. However, I'm not wishing for my death yet. That's why I just decided to be silent at her response.