| jealous |

*this was requested by LamarAbourasLarry thank you for request!*
——————————————————————————

steve pulled up to the busy house, drunk teenagers staggering around outside. he got out of the car and walked over to the passenger side, opened the door and helped you out. he took your hand and walked into the house, pushing through the large crowd of teenagers. you heard people chanting somebody's name as you got closer to the house but you couldn't quite understand what the name was. when you got into the house, it was even busier. the music was so loud that your head was pounding.

steve lead you to a less busy bit of the house before leaning in close to your ear. "i'm gonna get us some drinks, okay?" he said into your ear. you nodded and he squeezed your hand before walking off. you leaned against the wall and looked around. you saw a boy around your age entering the house, wearing jeans and a leather jacket with nothing underneath. there was a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. two boys were walking beside him, chanting 'billy'. he looked around the busy room before his eyes landed on you. smirking, he made his way towards you. you didn't notice he was coming towards you until you saw a figure leaning beside you out of the corner of your eye.

"what's your name, baby?" billy said beside you. "uh, y/n." you replied, giving him a friendly smile. "well, y/n, i just gotta say, you look so hot in that outfit." he said, looking you up and down. "oh, uh, thanks." you said. "i'm guessing you're billy?" you asked and he nodded, shooting you a smile. you two continued talking for a while, occasionally laughing whenever he made a joke.

steve was pushing his way back to where you were, trying not to spill your drinks in the process. when he got closer to you, he could see you with billy. his grip slightly tightened on the red plastic cups he was holding. steve continued pushing past people until he reached you. "here's your drink, sweetheart. sorry it took so long." he said, giving you the cup. once you took the cup out of his hand, he wrapped his arm around your waist and kissed you. when he pulled back, he looked at you for a second before looking at billy with a look the could turn him to stone. billy simply just smirked at him before taking a puff of his cigarette and blew the smoke out in his face.

steve waved the smoke away from his face. "steve harrington." billy began. "the guy that just got his title of keg king taken by me." he added, taking another inhale of his cigarette. "oh, yeah?" steve said, his grip on your waist getting a little tighter. "yeah. your girlfriend here was just telling me how impressive she thought my time was." he knew he was getting to steve. steve unwrapped his arm from your waist and got closer to billy. billy stood up straight. "you just hit on other peoples girlfriends cause you can't get one yourself?" steve asked, clenching his fists. billy chuckled slightly. "you wanna get all up in my face, harrington, hm?" he said, gritting his teeth and shoving him backwards. steve stumbled backwards before reaching up and clutching billy's leather jacket and shoving him backwards too. "wow! hey! calm down!" you yelled, pushing steve away from billy and stepping in between them. billy straightened his jacket as his smirk returned to his face.

"steve, what the hell?" you said, crossing your arms as you looked at him. "what? are you seriously acting like i'm in the wrong?" he asked, scoffing a little. "kind of. you shouldn't have retaliated." you told him. "of course you're defending him." he said, shaking his head before walking away. you groaned in frustration. you felt a hand clutch your shoulder, shaking you slightly. "geez, what was his problem?" you heard billy say as you turned to look at him. you moved your shoulder, making his hand drop off. you shook your head before leaning back against the wall and continuing your conversation with billy. all throughout your conversation, steve watched you from afar, sipping his drink as he clutched his cup.

you and billy continued your conversation for at least thirty-five minutes before you decided it was time to find steve. "i should really go and find steve." you said to billy, pushing yourself away from the wall. "why? stay here for a little longer. you don't need him." billy told you. "he's my boyfriend plus we came together." you replied, backing up a little. "well, whenever you choose to leave him, hit me up." billy said, smirking and winking at you. you gave him an uncomfortable smile before heading off to find steve. you found him a few minutes later sitting at an empty table, a few crushed up red plastic cups on the table. he had his head in his head as he sipped from his cup.

you walked up behind him and wrapped your arms around him from behind, moving your head to kiss his cheek. steve moved his head slightly, turning it away from you. you furrowed your eyebrows and unwrapped your arms from around him, pulling out a chair from the table in front of him. you sat down and looked at him. his eyes were still fixated to the side. "hey, what's wrong?" you asked as he silently sipped from his cup. "nothing, just didn't come here to watch you flirt with other people so i just wanted to get away." he said, biting the inside of his cheek. you looked at him in shock. "what? watch me flirt with other people?"  you repeated his sentence. " you and billy." he said, finally looking at you. "i wasn't flirting with billy, we were talking." you told him. a smirk quickly crept onto your face. "wait, are you jealous?" you asked, trying to fight back your smirk. "what? no. don't be ridiculous. i'm not jealous." he replied rather quickly, "holy shit. you are. you're jealous." you laughed. "i'm not jealous." he denied again. "you so are! aw, you're jealous of  billy hargrove." you teased. "i'm not jealous." he repeated for the third time, his voice a little louder this time.

you took this as a sign to stop teasing him. you moved your chair closer towards him before reaching over and taking his hand. "what's going on? you know i'd never cheat on you, steve." you said, your voice soft. he sighed, chugging down the rest of his drink. "it's just... i can't help but shake the feeling that you'd rather be with someone like that. and i know you would never try to hurt me but... it just got me thinking of that night with nancy. when she was drunk and told me our relationship was bullshit." he admitted, as he squeezed your hand and looked down.. "steve, i wouldn't do that. i don't wanna be with someone like billy, he's a douchebag. you know that i love you. so much."  you reassured him. you saw a smile creep onto his face as he looked at the ground. he looked up and leaned over towards you, pressing his lips to yours and kissing you. once he pulled back, he leaned his forehead against yours and brought his hands up to cup your cheeks. "i love you too. you know i do."

steve quickly stood up, pulling you up with him. "come on, let's get of here." he smiled at you before pulling you through the crowd again. as you walked past billy, you felt steve's grip on your hand get a little tighter. you looked over at billy, who winked at you, then you looked back at steve. you let go of steve's hand, which made him look at you in confusion. you wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him towards you. your faces were mere inches away from each others. "what're you doing?" steve whispered, his eyes darting from your eyes to your lips. you leaned in even closer, so close that your lips brushed his as you spoke. "showing you how much i love you." you replied before closing the gap between you two and kissing him passionately. steve smiled into the kiss as he wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you as close as he could. you both pulled back after a few minutes. you were both panting as you heard steve chuckle. you looked over at billy who was now clutching his cup and staring at you. steve looked over too and smirked at billy before grabbing your hand and pulling you out of the house.

you both ran to his car, laughing at the sight of billy's face. when you reached his car, steve opened your door for you before getting in himself. "holy shit, that was amazing!" he smiled, hitting his steering wheel. "i mean, did you see the look on his face? that was just so awesome. god, i love you so much." he said, before he grabbed your face again and peppered it with kisses. he started the car up. "now, i know it's late but why don't we get some takeout, drive up to that secluded place we used to go to all the time and stay out underneath the stars?" he suggested. you thought for a second. "sure, sounds great." you responded. "pretty romantic, huh?" he joked. you laughed as he started driving, placing a hand on your thigh as he drove. you guys talked and sang until you reached your secluded spot.

——————————————————————
1618 words