𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

♪ I've been dealin' with some things like every human being
And really didn't sleep much last night ♪

Carlos Sainz POV

I just got to the UK and woke up with a text from Maya, the girl I met in Madrid. I'm going to be honest, she was great all around, she was nice and she was indeed beautiful. I and Isa broke up because she wanted to go to the next level and I didn't feel ready so we reached our end point where there was no upgrade. I read the text carefully trying to understand what it could mean and answered.

 I read the text carefully trying to understand what it could mean and answered

After that, I thought that was it. I mean I don't know what she could have to talk to me, especially in person but I'm not going to say no. The next race was is in Hungary and I was already meant to go to Madrid so I could go home and also visit my family. I went to meet Rupert at the hotel's gym because it's the day before practices start and I need to train today too.

"Took you too long to put your bags in your room" He says and I shrug.

"Maya texted me" I say calmly, he stops what he was doing and looks at me confused.

"The girl you met in Madrid? After the race in Barcelona?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, you and Caco wanted to go to Madrid so everyone could meet up and party with us. So I met her and now she texted me saying she wants to talk personally" I say and he still looks confused.

"Well, that's odd. It's been two months and she wants to talk? Maybe she found out who you are" He says but I shake my head.

"I followed her the day after it happened. She knows it since we did it" I say and he shrugs.

"Well, are you going to talk to her?"

"I am, I will go to Madrid after this weekend so I will definitely talk to her. I got nothing to lose" I say and he nods.

"I mean, that's good. Be careful, that's all. And tell me what happened because I'm genuinely curious." He says and we start training.

I saw Charles training on the other side of the gym and when we both finished I went to greet him.

"It's not like I saw you like two days ago" Charles says after we greeted each other.

"I mean, it's the thought that counts" I say and he laughs.

"You are in a good mood, is single life doing you good? You seem happier" He says and I shrug.

"I mean, I can't complain. But the girl I told you about from Madrid texted me for us to talk" I say and he also looks confused, just like Rupert.

"Oh, Maya right?" He asks and I nod. "But do you want to talk? You just got out of a relationship of almost 4 years"

"I do want to talk to her, she was nice to talk to" I say and he shrugs.

"Then go ahead. Talk to her and see where it goes. Do you want to go have lunch after we shower?" He asks and I agree.

"Let's go, I'm hungry" I say while we headed to our rooms which were on the same floor.

"Text me when you are ready" He says and I nod, I get in my room and go straight to the shower.

A shower tasted like heaven after two hours of working out, I got dressed and texted Charles who was also ready. We went to a restaurant close by and after lunch, we went to the press conference where all the drivers were.

This weekend was tough but Charles was able to get third place and I got 6th. There was not much I could do about it now that it ended. It's now Monday and I'm at the airport with Rupert about to catch a flight to Spain and he is full of energy even though it was 10 am and we were going to have a two-hour flight. We board the plane and go to business class sitting down side by side.

"Do you think it will be a good talk or a bad one?" He asks and I stop scrolling through my phone.

"What do you mean? How would it be a bad talk?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I mean she maybe wants to blackmail you because you are rich" He says and I think he is a bit crazy in the early mornings, there is no way his brain works the same throughout the whole day.

"You have been saying shit all morning. How would she blackmail me? I'm single" I say and he stops to think.

"Maybe she wants you to stop being single and start being with her" He says and I roll my eyes.

"Two months later? That would be weird" I say and I think he finally shut up. The plane finally starts to take off, I close my eyes and his voice is heard again.

"Well, maybe she is pregnant, didn't you two have sex?" He says and I am shocked at the remote chance that it could be true.

"That is not what it is. I used condoms" I say and he looks confused.

"Condoms? Plural?" He asks a bit confused. Oh, he's too dumb in the mornings.

"Yeah, it happens when you do it more than once, you use more" I say and he looks surprised.

"Oh well, I'm sorry mister expert in multiple rounds of sex. Not everyone has those genes" He says and I burst out laughing.

"Just be quiet. You are being crazy and dumb" I say and he almost pouts, a grown man pouting. What have I done to deserve this?

When we finally get there, after a quiet flight so Rupert could survive it, I messaged Maya asking if she wanted to meet up at a restaurant close to where we met and she said yes. I went home and changed, got there 5 minutes early, and waited for her to get there. Should I be nervous? Rupert made me go from normal to a nervous wreck with his ideas.