𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

♪ Lookin' for the antidote to crack the code
Pretty vivid, I admit it, I'm in classic mode ♪

Carlos Sainz POV

"That kiss was something else" Charles says as we headed to the hospitality after the interviews were done.

"She wanted to piss Isabel off, she was watching" I say shrugging it off, I liked it, I just didn't expect it.

"She is fierce, be careful" Charles says and as we were getting to the hospitality I see Maya sitting outside.

"Getting some air?" I ask and she almost jumps from her chair.

"Yeah. I needed some fresh air. Are you trying to get me killed? Jesus" She says getting up with her hand on her chest.

"I'm sorry" I say and she shrugged.

"It's fine. I was just lost in my thoughts" She says and we get inside.

The day went just fine, I wasn't able to finish qualifying but it wasn't really my fault so it is what it is. We had dinner in a restaurant the girls chose. Charles decided to come with us and it was fun. The next day was a bit more chaotic because it was race day and unexpectedly I ended the race in 3rd, I was in 4th but due to a fuel sample issue, the 3rd place was mine. I wasn't able to go to the podium since it was announced later but it's still a win.

The first race Maya is watching and I'm able to go to the podium. As soon as I got into the garage I hug her and place a quick kiss on her forehead and then her belly, I know the baby can't feel it but I also like to think he can and that he just saw how great I was, even if I thought I was in 4th place by then.

"Well, you weren't able to celebrate it on the podium but we can go out" Mariana says and I look at Maya.

"She is pregnant, I don't want to go out to drink while she can't even do that" I say worriedly and Maya laughs.

"I can drink a coca-cola or something, I will be just fine. Just don't get wasted" She says and I shrug.

"I will go, you deserve to celebrate it" Charles says excitedly.

"For me, it's fine. If Maya doesn't mind, who am I to care?" I say while we walked the paddock. We took some pictures and signed some hats and merchandise as we walked.

We get dinner and then go to the club and I see Lando was already there with Pierre and Daniel. We all got together and drank a few drinks while dancing around.

"I was expecting you would be here" I hear Isa's voice and I look back startled.

"What are you doing here? I never knew you were the psycho kind Isabel" I say walking with her further away from them so she and Maya wouldn't see each other.

"I want us to do what you two did, don't you feel like a dad after a one-night stand? Then let's have one and get back together in a few months" She says and kisses me, I hold her arms and get her away from me.

"I want none of this Isabel. I want you to go back to Madrid and leave me alone, and especially Maya" I say and she was going to start crying.

"You love me, Carlos. You have loved me for years and I am the one for you. She is just a skank who got pregnant by a rich dude" She says and I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Maya needs you" Camila says as she looked at Isa up and down before leaving.

"Don't you dare. Don't choose her" She says and I take a deep breath.

"Go away, Isabel. It's over, I never saw you like this and I don't even know you anymore" I say and she hugs me.

"I love you, you know it. Please, give us another chance, I don't mind if we never have kids and get married. Come back to me, please" She says and holds my hand. I see Maya passing in front of us so I let go of her hand and start going after Maya.

"Don't you dare. You will lose me forever Carlos" She says and I don't even look back. I grab Maya's hand softly and she looks back and smiles.

"Where were you going?" I ask and she just shrugs.

"Outside to get some air. Is everything okay?" She asks confusedly.

"I thought you had seen me with Isabel and could be misunderstanding what was happening" I say and she shakes her head.

"She told me she would get in bed with you today, I had no doubt she could do it" She says shrugging as we finally get outside where there were a few people because it's nice and warm, it's a summer night.

"Wait, she told you that?" I ask shocked.

"She told me she had you wrapped around her finger so she would get you in bed today, get back with you and take this child away from me as soon as it was born" She says and I feel my blood boiling. That was over the limit.

"I would never do that to you, it's your baby, even if we get together with different people I would never take custody away from you. I'm sorry, she is just dealing terribly with all this" I say and she nods.

"I know Carlos, I'm her competition, I'm having what she wanted to have" She says putting her hand in mine and I smile.

"She doesn't have any control over me" I say and she smiles too.

"Do I have any type of control over you?" She asks turning around and getting closer to me, I take a few steps back finding the wall behind me. Why am I taking steps back?

"I mean, I don't think so" I say and she gets closer and is an inch away from my face, I used every control I still have to not kiss her at that moment. She does have some control.

"Do you want to kiss me? Because I want to kiss you" She says while my eyes travel from her eyes to her lips. Fuck.

"Fuck this" I say kissing her and wrapping my arm around her waist so I could pull her closer to me. Her hand traveled to my hair and the kiss got passionate. This makes me remember the night in Madrid...