𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

♪ Had to see a therapist, then I found out
Somethin' funny's goin' on up in my house ♪

Maya Martinez POV

When lunch was over Carlos insisted on bringing me home because he didn't want me to walk a lot and also wanted to know where I lived. So I got in a Ferrari for the first time in my life and I got home in a Ferrari. I said goodbye after giving him my number so we could talk better than on Instagram.

"Did you see the Ferrari that stopped in front of the building? Jesus Christ, people with money are so lucky" Mariana asks as soon as I enter the room, she sees me and shuts up.

"I saw it from the kitchen, what a fucking beautiful car" Camila says appearing and clearly going quiet when she sees me.

"Well, you don't look like someone who cried so I will assume it went better than all the scenarios you had in your mind all weekend" Mariana says and I nod. I sit on the couch and they do the same.

"We are going to co-parent. He was pretty shocked but I think the video had the same effect on him. He went pale but when he saw the video I could see his expression change" I say and they give me a huge smile.

"I'm so happy! I was afraid he would call you a gold digger and all that. I'm glad he's nice" Camila says looking relieved.

"He wants me to meet his parents and two sisters. To tell them the news" I say and they seem surprised.

"Oh, that's good. He has a family, people still have those" Camila says and we laugh.

"What else happened? Tell us everything" Mariana says being as noisy as always.

"He talked about his job and wanted me to go to Hungary with him to see his next race. He said you two could go if it made me feel better" I say and their eyes start shining.

"He's an angel. He's too good to be true. Why is he single?" Mariana asks happy but suspicious of him.

"He has a lot of money, taking us to Hungary is nothing to him, he is single since the begging of the year. He wanted me to quit and stay home while pregnant and at the beginning of the baby's life. I said I would think about it but I don't want to be a burden and dependent on him" I say but they shake their head.

"Okay, he's genuinely nice" Mariana says satisfied.

"Also, the Ferrari you both saw was his, he races for Ferrari" I say and they look shocked.

"Wait, he dropped you off in a Ferrari? You were inside a Ferrari?" Mariana asks with her jaw almost on the floor.

"Indeed, it's so pretty and comfortable, I could sleep there. Being rich really brings happiness" I say letting out a sigh and they do the same.

"When are you meeting your future in-laws?" Camila asks and I look shocked at her.

"No. Me and Carlos, just- no" I say and she is confused.

"Why? You made a baby already. That doesn't seem like a stretch" Camila says confusedly like I was the stupid one.

"We were drunk and had a night of sex, but that doesn't mean he finds me attractive. I don't think he will go beyond co-parenting. He has too many options" I say and they roll their eyes.

"Get over your trauma Maya. You are one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen in person. You are gorgeous and when you give it a try you are literally breathtaking. I would date you in a heartbeat if I was a man" Camila says and I try not to laugh.

"I saw how that man looked at you while you talked and danced. If you told him to sit he would. He is attracted to you on a whole different level. And you said yourself he is attractive. You two will be married in a few years. I know it" Mariana says and I shrug.

"Whatever you two think. I don't think that this will happen that way. I need your help, should I quit my job?" I ask nervously, they look at each other and nod.

"You should, you are already easily disturbed, the owner is a bitch and the clients are honestly shitty and rude. You should have this pregnancy with some peace and quiet. It's the least you could do" Mariana says and I nod.

"I will think about it then. Now help me to know how I should behave around his parents. They must know the ex, I can't look like someone who snatched him from the ex and I don't want to sound like a gold digger who stuck him with a kid"

Needless it was to say we talked about it for hours because they felt the need to tell me about every failure they had with knowing someone's parents. I liked it, this is how we are, we always get out of what we were talking about and time goes by quickly. I got a text from Carlos telling me we will meet with his family tomorrow at his parents' home for lunch.

I was nervous all over again, I don't have a family and I know they won't be my family but they will be my baby's family and I want them to get along with me so the dynamic won't be shitty. They helped me set up an outfit in the morning so I could look good but not too good so I don't look like I'm trying to impress them. Carlos came to get me, I went to meet him at the apartment building and he was on his phone, when he looks up he looked impressed.

"Wow, you are even more gorgeous than yesterday. Did pregnancy make you prettier or is it the daylight?" He says with a huge smile.

"I would say it's the daylight but I'm not looking that good, it wasn't the point" I say nervously and he lets out a laugh.

"You look great" He says opening the door for me and I get in.

The drive was silent but it was good except for me being a nervous wreck. Maybe I should've stayed home. I don't like people.