𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

♪ Hate it when I lose sight, life gets blurry
And things might hurt me ♪

Maya Martinez POV

"Just make sure if you fall in love with him that he feels the same, I don't want you to get hurt" Mariana says as soon as Carlos closed his door.

"I'm not going to fall in love and if I do I will get over it" I say opening my door.

"You have to deal with him for, at least, 18 years of your life but probably your whole life because of the baby you are about to have. You need to be careful. I adore him, I think your chemistry is awesome but he seems like he gets tired of things. He broke up with someone he was with for years because he didn't want to go further. That was honest and good of his to do but what if he leaves you hanging?" Camila says seeming really worried.

"Maybe his ex wasn't the one. He looks like a great guy, his family treated her like she was one of them. Maybe he was just conflicted about a life with the ex but he is accepting this child because he sees something here. Let her live her life. She can enjoy this, he is a good man, he won't turn his back on her and their child" Mariana says defensively.

"You both might be right and I don't really care. He is the dad, I can't change that. He really seems like a good guy, he treats me well and he is not ashamed of being by my side. He is taking responsibility and if I fall for him and he doesn't fall for me that's on me. He has no obligation to me and my feelings, the baby is his responsibility and obligation. Not me. Let's sleep, I'm tired from walking so much today" I say and they nod.

Each one went to our respective room and the next day we all took breakfast together, Caco and Rupert joined in and it was fun. We went to the paddock around midday and Carlos was immediately called I was talking to the girls when I see Charles coming in our direction.

"Girls, do you want to eat something before practice starts?" He asks and I find it suspicious that Charles was the one who came to talk to us, especially since he seemed nervous.

"We had breakfast an hour ago, we are fine. Do you need me to exit the garage?" I ask and he looks surprised by my question.

"I- I didn't mean it that way. I'm sorry" He says clearly nervous.

"What is happening? Does Mattia need me to keep my distance? I won't get nervous watching it, it's fine" I say confused.

"Carlos' ex, Isa, is rumored to be on the paddock. She was pissed off with the breakup so I think that once she enters the garage she won't be nice" He says and I nod.

"We were seen together yesterday and she is here today? A bit desperate" I say not understanding why someone would act like that with an ex.

"She can come, we will be here to clear her doubts" Camila says crossing her arms clearly thinking the same as me.

"I didn't mean to be rude. Carlos doesn't know it yet" He says and I nod a bit angry with the situation.

"Thank you for warning me, Charles. It's not your fault" I say giving him a small smile and he leaves.

"Why would someone appear when they know their ex was seen with a girl? I was feeling sorry for her but this is too much. She saw pictures yesterday and took a flight here?" Mariana says outraged and confused.

"I don't know, I never thought she would do that. Maybe a call or a talk when we get back to Madrid but coming here the very next day? That's psychopath behavior" I say getting a bit nervous.

"She won't touch you, we won't let her" Camila says and I nod.

"I would kick her ass back to Madrid without her needing the flight back. I have nothing to do with this" I say still surprised this might be about to happen.

"I'm going to the car now and- Is everything okay?" Carlos asks while coming in our direction.

"Charles told me your ex is here. Isa, I think" I say and he looks surprised.

"Here? Like watching?" He asks as confused as I was.

"In the paddock, people saw her and told Charles who wanted me to go to hospitality" I say and he runs his hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry, I should've talked to her to prevent this. I will find her and talk to her as soon as practice ends. I'm really sorry, you don't need this stress" He says sounding genuine.

"Be careful out there. It's not your fault" I say and he nods smiling.

"See you soon. I will tell Mattia to not let her in" He says resting his hand on my belly for a few seconds.

"He can't feel it yet" I say and the girls laugh.

"You don't know that. Let me dream about it" He says giving me a kiss on the forehead and leaving.

"Forget what I said. Even I would fall in love. I just want you to be safe" Camila says and the three of us laugh.

"Who wouldn't? She's having a kid with him and he's pretty attractive and nice" Mariana says and we start to pay attention.

"Maya, put this on. It gets really loud here. And come with me, I will show you the best place to watch" Mattia says with three sets of headsets.

"Thank you, you didn't need to" I say happily and we follow him. It was definitely the best spot in the garage and we could also see the pit stops from there.

I put on the headset like 5 minutes later because it was really loud. It cut enough noise so I could hear what they were saying even with the screams. I love the energy, I understand why Carlos likes this. The time passes quickly and the next thing I know I see Carlos coming in my direction with a smile on his face from the fourth place he got.