𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

♪ I've been learning
Grabbin' my keepsakes, leavin' my burdens
Well, I brought a few with me, I'm not perfect ♪

Maya Martinez POV

The next day came and after we had lunch, we went with Carlos. He had a rented car so it was easy, the hotel was also pretty close. He took us on a walk through the paddock, the photographers seemed confused but no questions were asked, I don't think they ask personal questions. But I also don't know much. He took us to the Ferrari garage and an older man approached us.

"Maya, this is Mattia Binotto, our team principal" Carlos says and I shake his hand.

"I'm Maya Martinez" I say and he gives me a smile.

"I don't know you but pregnancy looks good on you. We are pleased to welcome you to the family and you can feel free to ask any question you need" He says being nicer than I expected.

"Thank you so much, I will try not to annoy the team with my seeming ignorance of motorsports" I say and we all laugh.

"These are her best friends who came for support and company. Camila and Mariana" He says and he shakes their hands too.

"I hope you are all well welcomed by our team. The weekends are chaotic but it's worth it in the end" He says and we nod.

"We are happy to be here" Camila says excitedly.

"Hello there" We hear a man close to our age say as he enters the garage.

"Charles!" Carlos says clearly excited and hugs him.

"So much happiness for what?" He asks a bit confused but doesn't deny the quick hug. When he looks at us he is even more confused so his eyes travel between us three and Carlos.

"Charles. This is Maya, you will see her around pretty often from now on and those are her best friends, Camila and Mariana" Carlos says and a confused Charles just nods.

"Hello ladies, I am Charles Leclerc, Carlos' teammate. It's nice to meet you" He says with a smile but looks at Carlos with a bunch of questions on his expression.

"Maya is pregnant with our baby" Carlos says and Charles's jaw drops.

"I'm sorry, my reaction should be more appropriate, I just wasn't expecting it" Charles says apologetically.

"No! No problem, I was way worse. It was clearly not planned" I say and he nods.

"She is nice. I like her" He says pleased and I let out a laugh.

"I will go to the press conference. See you in a bit okay?" He says and I nod. "If you need to eat go to Ferrari's hospitality, Mattia will take you there"

"Thank you, good luck" I say and he smiles, gives me a kiss on the forehead, and leaves talking with Charles.

"I love that man" Mariana says all smiley.

"Don't be stupid" I say and start walking out of the garage.

"Where are you going? Do you want to get lost?" Camila asks coming after me.

"No, I want to walk around. Carlos said this could take almost an hour and a half and I'm pregnant. I'm not going to just stay in the same place waiting for time to pass by. I will go see the paddock and other garages. When I'm hungry I will eat and I will wait for Carlos to come back" I say and I did as I said.

I walked around, went to eat and Caco was there, he got happy as soon as he saw us entering the hospitality. He showed me around and even took me to Carlos' room, which was pretty nice.

"Take this, he will like seeing you with a Ferrari hat and I will find you a jacket. Red looks good on you" He says and I let out a laugh. He looks for the jacket and finds it.

"I can't. He will need it more than me. It won't be cold when we leave by 5 pm" I say and he shakes his head.

"He has more, plus Ferrari will give him a jacket if he asks and he can definitely buy one. Support your baby daddy on his job. He will love it" He says and I laugh again.

"Okay, but now I want to eat" I say and he nods.

"Let's get the beautiful pregnant lady some food or Carlos will kill me" He says heading out with me and we order our food.

After eating, Caco left so we took loads of pictures, together and individually. They wanted me to take photos outside the hospitality and the garage to keep as memories. My belly was nonexistent but they said we would take the same pictures to see the evolution, I put my hand on the upper of my belly and we took the pic from various angles. It looked cute and different so I said yes, a pregnancy evolution picture with a Formula 1/Ferrari theme? Not many can say they did it. We were getting back from the hospitality to the garage because an hour and a half had gone by.

"We should take these pics every month and then he can look at them when he grows up. He will love it, you are gonna be the most beautiful mom. You will look flawless pregnant. These pictures will prove it" Mariana says looking at the pictures excitedly.

"Don't exaggerate. And don't show it to Carlos, it's cringe" I say and we were getting to the garage when I hear Carlos's voice. I turn around and hear him whistle as he got closer and looked me up and down.

"Looking good Mamacita. Where did you get that?" He says with a huge smile getting to us. Caco was right. He was loving it.

"Caco let me keep this. He said you would like the support" I say and he nods.

"I indeed like it. A Ferrari jacket never looked better before" He says wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Thank you, you are pretty happy today" I say suspicious of his behavior.

"Camilla. Take a picture of us. I want to do an evolution of the pregnancy" He says giving her his unlocked phone and they try not to laugh. We were in front of the garage so it clearly is still a Ferrari theme because Carlos was also wearing a Ferrari shirt.

"Do you want to do that?" I ask surprised.

"Of course. I want all types of memories with our baby. Time will go fast and these are the things I want to look back on" He says excitedly, his arm is still wrapped around my waist so I do the same with mine. He rests his hand on my upper belly and we smile.

"You look so cute" Mariana says looking proud and Charles also watched it proudly.

"I still can't believe this is happening" Charles says happily.

"Nobody can, I think the baby in our arms is the only thing that will make it real" I say and we laugh.

I'm liking this experience so far honestly.