𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓

♪ Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favorite song ♪

Maya Martinez POV

I was in the clouds for the next weeks. Carlos came home any chance he could. Every time there was a weekend between races he would be here as much as he could and I appreciated him a lot for that. I was allowed to travel and so was Mateo but we decided to follow the recommendation to only travel when he reaches 3 months to be completely safe. I wanted to take no risks.

And he reached the 3-month mark right before the race in Barcelona. Carlos insisted on being in every appointment even by Facetime. So he was excited t every check-up he had, every time we were told how healthy he was, he was a completely healthy baby, and I loved it.

I am getting to the paddock with Carlos' family and the girls. They wanted to make sure nobody got too close to him. To keep him safe because people can be a bit aggressive or get overwhelmed with the number of people walking around, diseases are also dangerous and Covid isn't dead so we are all here in full force to support Carlos. I hadn't told him we would be coming, it was a surprise.

It was Friday and I headed to Ferrari's garage for the stroll, as soon as I got there Charles runs to see the little one personally for the first time.

"He didn't even tell me you were coming. I bought him the cutest outfit" Charles says excitedly.

"You can pull off the sheet, it's for privacy and to protect from the sun" I say and he does so. He pouts when he sees little Mateo stretching and partially waking up.

"He is even cuter in person. What an angel, I'm getting baby fever. Charlotte will be so mad she missed this" He says touching the little one's hand who hugs his index finger happily.

"I'm trying to call and she doesn't pick up, just give me 5 more minutes and I will get in there. There's still an hour for the practice" I hear Carlos' voice outside the garage and I see Mattia taking a deep breath and coming inside. He sees me and chuckles.

"He is calling you like a maniac because he wanted to see you both before practice" Mattia says before focusing on the little one. And little by little everyone took a pic.

"Mierda. I cannot believe it. I cannot believe this is happening right no-" I hear Carlos frustrated tone and see him entering the garage and he stops in his tracks when he sees me. "Cariño you almost killed me with worry. That's why nobody picked up the damn phone. You are all here"

"You are welcome. I came to show my very handsome son how talented his dad is" I say as he walked towards us with a huge smile.

"I can forgive that. Come here mi amor" He says leaning for a kiss and I, of course, kissed him before he picked Mateo up. I quickly noticed everyone stopped to look with affection. Mateo is the new generation, he can be the next Sainz to make it big if he wants.

"It's only fate that he gets to see his dad race for the first time in his country" I say proudly and Carlos kisses my cheek.

"Thank you for this, I can notice this had a lot of planning. Thank you, everyone, for being here, it means a lot to me to have everyone here" He says hugging his family and then the girls. They entered the Sainz circle quickly.

"Are you keeping his face private?" Mattia asks curiously.

"I mean, I think it's inevitable that his face will eventually come out. We won't be sharing everything but I would personally love to have photos and videos of him here with everyone, especially his dad" I say nervously and Carlos smiles.

"We aren't hiding it but we are definitely not oversharing him or publicizing it. I am proud of the son I've made, I would love for him to have memories of being here" Carlos says proudly kissing Mateo's cheek.

"Well then, pictures and videos will be taken. I was wondering, would you mind taking a team picture with the little one in Carlos' arms? I think it would be a really good thing and we want to welcome Mateo to the team" Mattia says and I smile amazed.

"Be my guest. You can do whatever Carlos agrees to" I say happily and proceed to pick up Mateo in my arms again so Carlos could go back to work.

"We will do it Sunday morning then" Mattia says happily.

"Thank you" Carlos whispers once again before kissing my forehead.

"Good luck baby" I say before he left to talk to his engineer.

"I'm glad you two are finally together. You are very good for him" Reyes says proudly.

"It was a long time coming, we own it to ourselves to give it a try" I say as Mateo was laughing at his grandpa.

"He is such an angel" He says picking him up proudly. Carlos's dad was here to show up Mateo and I couldn't blame him for it. He was a gorgeous and quiet baby. Mattia came back with a noise-canceling headset for Mateo, with Carlos 55 marked on it.

"We had it custom-made for when he showed up to support his dad" Mattia says proudly.

"Thank you, that is very sweet" I say putting the headset on him and he seemed relieved. He looked around and pointed at Carlos a few times, Carlos would look and he would laugh.

It was a very good day, Mateo fell asleep soon after and I fed him on the motorhome for privacy, of course. The news about Carlos' son being around the paddock was shared but nobody was able to take pictures because we only picked him up in the garage.

He was asked about it a few times and he was always proud to say how healthy and beautiful Mateo is and how grateful he is to be a new dad. Today was no exception. He was doing good during practice and that was a plus.