Chapter Eleven

||Pointy End||

It was dark. Cold. It felt like winter was here already. But oddly enough Zephyr found some comfort in the cold. She didn't know who it was, but she could feel someone's presence near her.

"...wake up."

That voice sounded familiar... 

"Zephyr, you need to wake up."

Was that Jon? What was he doing all the way in King's Landing?

"You're in danger. Your family is in danger."

And as soon as she heard danger she opened her eyes, half expecting to see Jon, but to her disappointment it was her lady, Aenge.

"My Princess..." Aenge said, fear evident in her eyes.

"What happened? Why are you afraid?" Zephyr asked, confused as to what was happening as she sat up in her bed.

"The Queen... She ordered her men to slaughter Ned Stark's household guards." She told her princess as her voice shook a little. "I'm afraid that King Joffrey will have Lord Stark's head soon."

Zephyr sighed. She just woke up to hear news like that. "Is there anything else?"

"Lady Stark has let Lord Tyrion slip. He should be on his way to King's Landing." Aenge stated as she herself sighed.

Zephyr only nodded. She would've jumped around in excitement, but her uncle was still miles away. She couldn't celebrate too early.

"Aenge. I want you to bring my sword into my room." Zephyr said as she stood from her bed, fixing herself up. "But my princess, the Queen took it-"

"Would I put your life in danger on purpose? Do you think me, and my brother are alike in that way?" Zephyr glanced at her lady with dark eyes. "Bring me my sword. I imagine I will be needing it soon."

"Y-Yes, my princess." And with that, the lady's maid left. Zephyr felt guilty for being somewhat harsh on others, but if she wasn't, no one would take her seriously. So, for now, she would have to take a chapter from her mother's book and put it to good use.

~Game of Thrones~

Zephyr stood beside Sansa as Grand Maester Pycelle gave a speech.

"It is also the wish of his Grace that his loyal servant Janos Slynt, commander of the City Watch Be at once raised to the rank of lord and granted the ancient seat of Harrenhal and that his sons and Grandsons shall hold this honor until the end of time." Then, Sansa slowly made her way in front of the throne.

Zephyr furrowed her brows in confusion and went to stand next to her brother, whispering, "What has mother told her to do?"

Joffrey merely shrugged, seemingly confused but pleased. She glanced over at her mother and saw the grin. 

So she put her up for this, huh.

"In the place of the traitor, Eddard Stark, it is the Wish of His Grace that Tywin Lannister Lord of Casterly Rock and Warden of the West, and Zephyr Baratheon, first of her name and the Princess be appointed the Hands of the King." Pycelle read out loud.

Zephyr couldn't hide nor deny the shock he felt. Her own brother named her as the Second Hand? As she turned to glance at him, he was already smiling at her. Not in a malicious nor mischievous way, it was genuine.

"I only thought it be right that my Sister also be hand of the King, as she has already given counsel to our father at a very young age, which led him to win wars and battles." Joffrey announced, which made the throne room erupt in cheers.