Chapter Nineteen

||What is Dead may Never Die.||

"Lord Janos Slynt was Commander of the City watch, neither of you had the right to exile him." Cersei scolded both Zephyr and Tyrion, who looked fed up, yet satisfied with her reaction, or Zephyr was at least.

"We have every right, we're the King's Hands." Tyrion slammed his glass of wine onto the table, raising his voice. Shit, seems like hes just as pissed as Cersei.

"You're serving as the King's Hand until Father gets here." Cersei sneered at Tyrion, then landing her venomous gaze on Zephyr, who nearly looked away almost feeling the poison of her glare.

"I am Queen Regent." She told them.

"Alright, listen to me, Queen Regent." Zephyr started, cutting Tyrion off as he was going to say something, "You're losing the people. Do you hear me?"

Cersei laughed, "The people. You think I care?"

"You might find it difficult to rule over millions who want you dead. Half the City will starve when Winter comes and the other half will plot to overthrow you." Zephyr retorted. "And your gold-plated thugs just gave them their rallying cry. 'the queen slaughters babies'"

They sat in a moment of silence, before Zephyr rolled her eyes, turning away from her mother, "You don't even have the decency to deny it."

Still, Cersei was silent and paced across the room, a sincere look in her eyes. "It wasn't you who gave the order, was it?" Tyrion asked after he noticed Zephyr wasn't continuing her tangent. "Joffrey didn't even tell you."

The princess furrowed her brows in confusion. WHaT???EXCUSE ME?

"Did he tell you?" She narrowed her eyes at her mother. "I imagine that would be even worse." She added.

"He did what needed to be done." Cersei answered. "You want to be Hands of the King? You want to rule? This is what ruling is, lying on a bed of weeds, ripping them out by the root one by one, before they strangle you in your sleep." She glanced at Zephyr as she said the last part.

This basically confirmed that they plan on killing her as well. Both Cersei and now Joffrey.

"I'm no King, but i think there's more to ruling than that." Zephyr dared. "I don't care what you think!" Cersei yelled, "You've never taken it seriously and you're too naive to do anthing that needs to be done." She glared holes into the pair.

"You haven't, Jaime hasn't." She yelled and then sat on the stool, calming down, "It's all fallen on me."

Tyrion was fighting to hold back a smirk, "As has Jaime, according to Lord Stannis Baratheon."

"You're funny." Cersei chuckled, tears visible in her eyes. Zephyr almost felt bad if she hadn't known what kind of a person her own mother was. "You've always been funny..."

"But none of your jokes will ever match the first one, will they?" Cersei asked, a cruel glint in her teary eyes. "You remember? Back when you ripped my mother open on your way out of her and she bled to death?"

Both of their smiles were gone. 

"She was my mother too."

"Mother gone... for the sake of you." Cersei sneered. "There's no bigger joke in the world than that." and left after that.

~Game of Thrones~

"Is it true what you did? That you ordered Janos Slynt to murder our Father's bastards?" Zephyr asked her brother, King Joffrey, still not wanting to believe it but if it was true, then she had no other choice than to accept that fact. She knew her older brother well, that their Father kept saying he wasn't man enough, a coward, and Joffrey kept trying to please him. All for his approval.