Chapter Fifty-Two

||The Spoils of War||

"We need to find Euron Greyjoy's fleet and sink it." Zephyr said as she made a figure on the table fall, using her abilities. She was angry. With herself for not predicting Euron's attack and with Euron for being such a cunt.

"Your Grace, he's already destroyed a good portion of our fleet." Varys tried to reason with his Queen, "To send our remaining ships after him..."

"I'm not talking about sending our ships after him." Zephyr stated. They could've sworn the Queen's eyes have turned red by how full of hate she was.

"Would you have to go by yourself?" Tyrion asked after sharing a look with Varys and Daenerys. "Euron's ships could be anywhere or in more than one place. You'd be flying around the open seas alone for who knows how long."

"I wouldn't be alone." Zephyr retorted. "I would have Daenerys, Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion. What can anyone do to two Queens riding two of the Dragons?"

"They can still do something to you." Missandei said. "It only takes one arrow."

"It's too great a risk, you're too important. " Tyrion stated, making his decision final.

"What about Casterly Rock?" Daenerys asked.

"The Unsullied will be there soon." Varys informed. 

"And what will they face?" Missandei asked, worried.

"A difficult situation." Varys said after taking in a deep breath. "They know we're coming."

"Yes, Cersei believes my sole purpose in life is to destroy House Lannister." Tyrion said. "She will be ready."

"No one has ever taken the Rock." Zephyr added. "The Lannister army is still the army Grandfather built.  Well-trained and well-provisioned. 10 000 men, at least. They will see us coming."

"The gates of Casterly Rock are impregnable." Tyrion told them, "the fight up the walls will be hard. We will be at a disadvantage. Many men will die. Just as my father said they would."

"Interesting thing about my father.. he built our house up from near ruin. He built our army, he built Casterly Rock as we know it, but he didn't build the sewers." Tyrion added, "That was beneath him, so he gav ethe job to the lowest person he could find ... me."

"He was right, I was low." Tyrion admitted, "The company I kept, low. Women, mostly. They weren't welcome at the Rock. Father disapproved of that sort of behavior. Couldn't walk them through the front gates, I couldn't have them in my chambers, so in the process of building the sewers, I threw in something for myself."

"It was a passage that began in an out of the way cove by the sea and ended beneath one of the main guard towers. No better place for low pursuits than beneath the ground. Casterly Rock is an impregnable fortress. But as a good friend of mine once said, 'Give me 10 good men and I'll impregnate the bitch.'" Tyrion chuckled as he quoted Bronn.

"And so it begins." Zephyr said, "They will face the bulk of the Lannister forces. They will be outnumbered. They will have less armor and fewer weapons. But my mother's armies fight for her out of fear. The Unsullied will be fighting for something greater, they will be fighting for freedom and the person who gave it to them." Zephyr glanced at her wife as she drank her wine.

"They will be fighting for you. And that is why they will triumph."

~~~

"I wanted you to see it before we start hacking it to bits." Jon said as he handed Daenerys a second torch after he led her, Zephyr and Missandei to a cave full of obsidian with Ser Davos waiting outside.