Chapter Twenty-Five

||Blackwater||

"---and counsel in times of war." Was all Zephyr heard as she peaked her head into her mother's chambers before knocking. The knock startled both adults as it was eerily quiet except for the old man's talking.

Cersei glanced at her daughter confused, "What are you doing here, it's late" she told the young prioncess, furrowing her brows in concern.

"I-.. I couldn't sleep. And with Stannis arriving any moment now I.. don't really feel like being alone." The girl explained as her mother led her into the room, gently holding her hand. It was cold. She noticed thegirl felt cold, freezing to the touch, but she never felt it herself.

"You can sleep here for the night, my little dove." Cersei told her only remaining daughter.

"Your words are always wise and measured," Cersei spoke to the elder, who seemed very uncomfortable in the princess's presence, still traumatized from the night he got sent to a black cell. "If you could..-"

"If anything, a maester's duties become more urgent in times of war and turmoil." Pycelle told her mother who went back to sipping on her wine. She copuldn't sleep either, how could she? She feared for her family, and if the city really was to fall, then so would every other Lannister.

"I remember back in the days of the King..-" Pycelle was about to begin his rambling of the old days, thankfully though Cersei cut him off, "You brought me something?"

"Yes."

Zephyr wasn't too concerned about what he brought for her if she was being honest. She probably asked him for some medication to help her sleep better, Zephyr knew she definitely needed that, if that's the case.

She had already gotten comfortable in the warmth of her Mother's bed, her eyelids feeling heavy and droopey. Their conversation was blurred out for the young princess as she slowly began to doze off to sleep.

She hadn't really slept in her mother's bed since she was 5 years old, and she had forgotten all about the immediate warmth she felt.

Cersei Lannister is a dangerous woman, there's no doubt about it.

But she was certainly glad she listened to Jaime the day Zephyr was born.

~Game of Thrones~

As soon as the bells rang their sound of war, Zephyr immediately shot up. Cersei wasn't anywhere to be seen so the next person she went to was Varys.

"I have always hated the bells." He said, "They ring for horror. A dead King, a city under Siege." 

"A wedding." Tyrion said as his squire podrick got him into his armor. Zephyr was quiet. She hated the tension so much it felt like she was suffocating. "Exactly." Varys responded.

"Podrick, is that it?" Varys asked the squire seeing how Zephyr was in no talking mood. The girl was terrified and he couldn't exactly tell her no one would die that she could care about. Stannis was her Uncle after all and they say he killed Renly. She has mixed opinions about her dearest Uncle.

"'Is that it'? nice touch." Tyrion told the eunuch."As if you don't know the name of every boy in town."

"I'm not entirely sure wqhat you're suggesting." Varys narrowed his eyes at the dwarf.

"I'm entirely sure, you're entirely sure of what I'm suggesting." Tyrion retorted.

"Do you trust him?" Varys asked. Zephyr could only sigh. Men tend to be more dramatic, she realized.