Chapter Forty-Five

||Mother's Mercy||

"You love her, don't you?" Tyrion asked Jorah as he, Zephyr, Jorah and Daario sat in the Throne room in Meereen, waiting for Daenerys' return.

"How could you not?" Tyrion said, "Of course, it's hopeless for the both of you. A sellsword from the fighting pits and a disgraced knight."

"Do you have to do this, now? Really?" Zephyr asked Tyrion, knowing he could've talked about anything else. Instead he chose to torment these poor men for their love for Daenerys.

"Oh, hush yourself. What else is there to talk about?" Tyrion said quietly before continuing.

"Neither one of you is fit consort for a Queen." Tyrion added, "But we always want the wrong woman. And man." He said the last part quickly as his gaze switched from the two men toward his own niece.

"Do not drag me into your drama craving gossip, Tyrion." 

Tyrion held his hands up in defense, "Alright, then."

"Does he always talk so much?" Daario asked the young Queen.

"Unfortunately. His mouth just runs away from him, it's worse when he's drunk." Zephyr stated.

They then heard footsteps and saw Missandei and Grey Worm approach, "Jorah the Andal" He said. 

Jorah then said something in Valyrian, "He should not be here." Said Grey Worm, seeming to ignore the man. 

"No, but he is." Daario said. 

"Our Queen ordered him exiled from city." Grey worm said in the common tongue which Zephyr put the dots together and came to the conclusion that the man was still learning the common tongue.

"Our Queen would be dead if not for him. Both of our Queens." Daario corrected and nodded when he saw Zephyr's grateful smile. 

Missandei translated it to Valyrian for Grey Worm. She then trailed off as she looked at Tyrion saying something else to which Tyrion ended up correcting her.

"Wait. Take several steps back. You know how to speak Valyrian and you never taught me?" Zephyr asked in disbelief.

"Well you never asked." Tyrion reasoned.

"I never knew." Zephyr retorted.

"Then again, you never asked." Tyrion shrugged, "I can start teaching you."

Zephyr merely gave her uncle a deadpanned stare. 

They then continued on their conversation in Valyrian, Missandei seemed to correct him this time which Tyrion repeated and said Thank you. 

"He's a bit rusty." Missandei informed Zephyr to which Zephyr's mouth turned into an ' o ' shape.

"Yeah, I'll have Missandei or Daenerys teach me instead." Zephyr nodded to herself, concluding that that's the better choice, ignoring Tyrion's offended glare. 

"I am sorry." Grey Worm apologized. "Sorry I not there to fight for our Queen"

"You missed a good scrap." Daario agreed.

"None of that matters now." Jorah said. "The longer we sit here bantering, the longer Daenerys is out there in the wilderness."

"He's right. The Dragon headed north. If we're going to find her, that's where we'll have to go. " Tyrion agreed with Jorah who now stood. 

"We?" Jorah asked with a bit of an attitude. "You're a Lannister. And yyou're a Baratheon. The Queen intends to remove your family from power."

"And we intend to help her do it." Zephyr stood, walking down those steps closer to Jorah.