Chapter Fourteen

||The North Remembers||

It was King Joffrey's 18th name day, the day he'd be coming of age and to celebrate this Joffrey had organized an event of duels a couple weeks prior.

As Zephyr, Lord Baelish and Lord Varys entered the small council chambers with Joffrey and Maester Pycelle, the meeting began.

"As you all know, it's my 18th Name Day soon." Joffrey explained as he sat down at the table with his sister. "I want to celebrate it with an event."

"Well, what kind of event, your Grace?" Zephyr asked mentally taking note of his needs, while Baelish writes down whatever it is Joffrey wants so he can see how much the price is for everything. 

"I want duels. I want brutality and I want-" Joffrey began but was cut off by his sister. "No death, preferably."

"What do you mean no death? I am the King I get what I want!" Joffrey said, sounding like King Robert whenever things didn't seem to be going his way. "If every King got what he wanted, the Seven Kingdoms wouldn't be standing as they are today, now would they?" Zephyr stated, hoping to smack some sense back into his tiny brain.

"Why should there be no death?" Joffrey questioned his younger sister.

"Well, for starters, death on your Name Day is bad luck and should follow you until your own death." Zephyr casually mentioned as the first point which made Joffrey's jaw drop slightly, "Second of all, you've shed more blood in King's Landing than our Grandfather has, wherever he is at this current moment in the war, and quite frankly, seeing blood and death on a daily basis kind of takes away the effect of surprise, shock and fear because by then, people are expecting it." She took in a deep breath before glancing around the small council.

"No objections?" Zephyr asked, prepared to make their ears bleed more with hard facts if she needed to. "Good. Tell Lord Baelish however you want the event to be, don't make it too expensive- Yes, I know grandfather is the richest man in all of the Kingdoms, but were over six million in debt - Now if you haven't got any more questions, I shall take my leave." 

As Zephyr stood up from her seat, Joffrey was dumbfounded and snapped himself out of it. He didn't understand half of what she had told them and she was about to leave, it hasn't even been five minutes. 

"Where do you think you're going? The meeting ends when I say it does." Joffrey demanded. Zephyr turned to look at her so call beloved brother once more, "The meeting ends when everything has been stated. All you need to do is-" She deadpanned and sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration when she saw the even more confused look on Joffrey's face.

And here they were now, on Joffrey's 18th Name Day and the day he was coming of age, meaning things would get a lot more difficult for Sansa.

Either way, she needed to make sure to take as much pain from Sansa as she possibly could, and she was committed to that plan.  Currently, they were watching a duel, which kept everyone on the edge of their seats, because as Zephyr had drilled into her brother that death wasn't good on his Name Day, no one was allowed to kill the other, and she was rather pleased with herself. That is until Varys had told her last minute that Joffrey shouldn't kill anyone, so technically death was allowed.

Zephyr once more sighed, tired. This boy was taking so many years off of her life, she was sure she didn't have much longer.

As the duel neared its end, the Hound managed to strike the other off of where they were dueling, on a higher surface, that was sure. The poor lad broke his neck as he fell on the ground, resulting in his untimely demise.