Chapter Twenty-Four

||The Prince of Winterfell||

TW: Mentions of Rape and self harm! If these topics trigger you, please skip those parts!

It's been days since the princess has left her room after that traumatizing day. Not because she was scared or that she'd get attacked any moment, no. She couldn't sleep. Everytime she closed her eyes she saw that entire scene play out right in front of her as if she was reliving that moment in an endless loop.

However she wasn't only afraid of sleeping, having to see all of it and almost feel all of it again, no. She was afraid she'd have to deal with the reality of it. The reality of it all was so much worse than simply not being able to sleep.

She'd been raped and nearly strangled to death. Even after she received the news from her seemingly only friend Varys, other than Sansa, that those men had been killed for what they had done, she still felt so dirty, foul. She'd sit in the bath for hours scrubbing away at her skin because of how unclean she felt, sometimes aggressively to the point she'd bleed.

Only after she'd bled, did she feel a relief. A feeliong of letting that foul feeling seep out of her and into the bath water. Aenge had already caught her a couple times in the last week, and to say that she was concerned for her health in general was an understatement.

However, today she was lying in her bed, her room as darkas it could possibly be in the morning when a knock sounded. Zephyr didn't bother to respond and after a few more times of knocking, the person behind it came through the doors.

"Gods, why is it still so dark in here?" Cersei asked as she threw open the curtains, letting the sun shine its rays into the room causing Zephyr to flinch from the brightness.

"Fuck." She mumbled under her breath as she turned to face away from the windows.

Cersei noticed her depressed daughter and sighed as she sat on the side of her bed. She wasn't exactly sure if the news she had for her today would brighten her mood at all.

"Sansa began to bleed this morning. She'll be able to bear Joffrey's children soon." The Queen said and she gently ran her finger through her dark locks.

"Why don't you just stop her suffering, send her back to Winterfell and marry Joffrey off to some other high born woman? Margery Tyrell for example?" Zephyr mumbled sourly. She was not willing to witness a bunch of tiny Joffrey's running about the castle and she wasn't exactly willing or planning on living that long.

Cersei sighed. She should've guessed this would be how she'd respond.

"I know you feel disgusted with everything in you, but believe me, that pain goes away when you find the one you love-" Cersei started but was cut off when Zephyr suddenly sat up, tears threatening to fall.

"I've already found the one I love, mother, believe it or not but he just happens to be north of the Wall and-" Zephyr gasp as a soft sob escaped her lips. "Well you nor Joffrey want to really see me happy, so congrats. Robert Baratheon's legacy won't live on and shall die with me, is that how you two planned it? Murdering every other bastard he has, saving the most important heir for last?"

"Zeph-" Cersei tried.

"No! What if Joffrey gets murdered one day, what happens to me then?" Zephyr raised her voice.

"If Joffrey gets murdered, Gods forbid, Then you shall become Queen and be the Queen until Tommen comes of age." Cersei explained.

The princess furrowed her brows in confusion. But why were the guards ordered to murder King Robert's bastards then?