Chapter Forty-Seven

||Book of the Stranger||

"What should we do while we wait?" Tyrion asked Missandei and Grey Worm as they waited in the small council chamber, "What should we do to pass the time?"

Then they heard footsteps approaching, it was Zephyr. Book in hand as she read on her way to the chamber. "Ah, there she is. And- you're reading?"

"Is that a surprise?" Zephyr raised an eyebrow at her uncle as she sat by the table. 

Tyrion frowned and took the book, seeing it was written in Valyrian. "You're learning?"

"It's better than to be a clueless Queen, no?" Zephyr retorted as she took her book back, closing it. "I'll finish it later."

"What should we talk about then, while we wait for Varys?" Tyrion asked one more time. 

Missandei and Grey Worm simply shared an awkward glance.

"You speak 19 languages?" Tyrion asked Missandei as he took a sip of his wine. "You must occaisonally use some of them to talk about things."

Zephyr could only give the poor pair a sympathetic smile. Tyrion was making it more and more awkward. "You two spend a great deal of time together. What would you be talking about if we weren't here?"

"Partol." Grey Worm answered. "When I am going on Patrol with the Unsullied. What we see on patrol. Who we capture on patrol."

"That's good, very good." Tyrion said as he stood to pour himself some more wine, "But that's a report. I was thinking more of a conversation."

"A wise man once said, 'The true history of the World is the history of great conversations in elegant rooms.'" Tyrion recalled which made the young Queen chuckle, "Did Bronn tell you that one?"

"No, I did. Just now." Tyrion answered. Zephyr pursed her lips when she saw the confused faces of Missandei and Grey Worm. "That was a joke- him being a wise man- okay."

"Alright, no conversations. Let's play a game." Tyrion said, motivated. His face fell again though when he saw their confused faces once again.

"You don't play games? Either one of you? Ever?" Tyrion asked in disbelief.

"Games are for children." Grey worm spoke, unamused. 

"My Master Kraznys would sometimes make us play games." Missandei stated.

"There, that's a start." Tyrion said, having hope again. 

"Only the girls." Missandei added, which destroyed his hope afterall.

"Oh... no, no, no. Not those kinds of games. I am so sorry, Missandei." Zephyr immediately said, afraid she got the wrong idea.

"Innocent games. Fun games. Drinking games." Tyrion explained.

"We do not drink." Missandei told them.

"Until you do." Tyrion grinned. 

Silence.

"Alright, no drinking.  We can play without drinking. It's a wonderful game. I invented it. Here's how it works." Tyrion began explaining, "I make a statement about your past, if I'm wrong I drink. And if I'm right...Maybe we can't play without drinking."

Then the door opened, "Oh, you took your time." Zephyr spoke as she turned to face Varys. 

"Sorry." Was all he said, "I was busy learning who funds the Sons of the Harpy. Some things you can't rush." Zephyr nodded, understanding. 

"You found out?" Missandei asked.

"The Good Masters of Astapor and the Wise Masters of Yunkai. With help from their friends in Volantis." Varys explained.