Chapter Twenty-Two

||The Ghost of Harrenhal||

Cersei was in her chambers watching her daughters Myrcella, Zephyr and another girl that happened to be one of their closest friend laugh and giggle in the garden just outside of her window. Myrcella was blindfolded and she had to catch the two other girls relying only on her hearing.

"Killed? By whom?" Cersei asked Tyrion who had delivered the news of Renly Baratheon's death.

"Accounts differ." He said, "Most seem to implicate Catelyn Stark in some way."

"Really? Who'd have thought?" Cersei said wqith sarcasm, not caring at all. Myrcella was going to be shipped off to Dorne soon, but she still refused to accept that it's safer for her there.

"Some say it was one of his own Kingsguard, while still others say it was Stannis himself who did it after negotiations went sour." Tyrion explained, pouring himself a cup of wine.

"Whomever did it, I say well done." Cersei said.

"It's not what Varys says." Tyrion told the Queen Regent. "He says Renly's army is flocking to support Stannis, which would give Stannis superiority over us on both land and sea."

"Littlefinger says we can outspend them three to one." Cersei sipped on her wine.

"And I say Father raised you to have too much respect for money." Tyrion told his sister, who clearly didn't care, "Stannis Baratheon is coming for us, sooner rather than later."

"Aren't there other things you should be doing, like sealing my daughter in a crate so you can ship her away?" Cersei asked as her anger started coming back. 

"She'll be safer in Dorne." Tyrion stated.

"Yes, I know how concerned you are for her safety." Cersei's tone, laced thickly with sarcasm and spite.

"It just so happens that I am. Not only for Myrcella's safety bur for Zephyr's too." Tyrion sipped his wine after Cersei went quiet for a moment. "Myrcella is a sweet inocent girl and I dont blame her at all for you. Zephyr however changed and no one is sure if its for the better or worse."

"So clever." Cersei stated, standing up from her seat, going to sdit on the chair by the table instead, "Aren't you always so clever with your schemes and your plots?"

"Schemes and plots are the same thing." Tyrion corrected, putting his cup of wine down and marching after her.

"They are going to attack us. We need to be ready." Tyrion tries to stress the fact that lives will be at stake if they don't do anything. Cersei is a stubborn one though.

"No need to concern yourself over it. the King is taking personal charge of siege preperations." cersei told the little man.

Tyrion was however less than pleased. If anything, he was even more concerned now. "May I ask specifically what the King has in mind?"

"You may, specifically or you may ask vaguely. The answer will be the same." Cersei retorted.

"It's important that we talk about this." Tyrion told her.

"It's the King's royal prerogative to withhold sensitive information from his councilors." cersei recalled as she took a sip from her wine, smirking. Tyrion had enough of that though so he left the room. He'd find out one way or another, he always did.

~Game of Thrones~

"It's wildfire." Lancel told Tyrion, who both were in a small carriage specifically made for Tyrion for when he'd be in the city.

"Wildfire?" He asked.