Chapter Fifty-Three

||Eastwatch||

"I know what my mother has told you." Zephyr spoke loud and clear as she stood next to Daenerys while Drogon and Rhaegal were on the hill behind them, guarding them as the Dothraki rounded up the remaining soldiers who survived the night.

"That we've come to destroy your cities, burn down your homes, murder you and orphan your children." Zephyr told the soldiers who were terrified, "That is Cersei Lannister. Not me. And certainly not Daenerys Targaryen."

"I'm not here to murder, and all I want to destroy is the wheel that has rolled over rich and poor to the benefit of none other than Cersei Lannisters of the world." Daenerys spoke. "I offer you a choice...bend the knee and join me. Together we will leave the world a better place than when we found it."

"Or refuse.. and die." Zephyr stated.

Shortly after a couple of men kneeled in front of the Queens, especially when Drogon roared as a threat which made even more men bend the knee.

Zephyr's gaze landed on Randyl Tarly, "Step forward, my lord."

He did.

"You will not kneel?" Daenerys asked.

"I already have a Queen." Randyl Tarly stated. 

"My sister, she wasn't your Queen until recently though, was she?" Tyrion questioned. "When she murdered the acting Queen Margery and destroyed House Tyrell for all Time. So it appears your allegiances are somewhat flexible."

"There are no easy choices in war." Lord Tarly admitted, "Say what you will about your sister, she was born in Westeros. She's lived here all her life." 

"You on the other hand, murdered your own father and chose to support a foreign invader. One with no ties to this land...with an army of savages at her back." Lord Tarly finished.

"You will not trade your honor for your life. I respect that." Zephyr state as she nodded. 

"Perhaps he could take the Black, your Grace." Tyrion suggested. "Whatever else he is, he is a true soldier. He'd be invaluable at the Wall. "

"You cannot send me to the wall." Lord Tarly said stubbornly, "You are not my Queen, neither of you are."

Daenerys nodded to a handful of Dothraki men who began leading Lord Tarly towards Drogon and Rhaegal. The Lord's son stepped up, "You will have to kill me too."

"Step back and shut your mouth." Randyl sneered at his son.

"Who are you?" Daenerys asked the man.

"A stupid boy." Said Lord Tarly, "I'm Dickon Tarly" He said, ignoring his father. "Son of Randyl Tarly."

"You are the future of your House." Tyrion told Dickon. "This war has already wiped out one great House from the World. Don't let it happen again, bend the knee."

"I will not." Dickon said stubbornly.

"Your grace, nothing scrubs bold notions from a man's head like a few weeks in a dark cell." Tyrion tried to change Daenerys and Zephyr's minds.

"We meant what we said, uncle." Zephyr told him. "We're not here to put men in chains. If that becomes an option, many will take it. We gave them a choice. They made it."

"Your graces, if you start beheading entire families... "

"We're not beheading anyone." Daenerys stated. 

"Your grace." Tyrion pleaded, but Zephyr held him back. Daenerys nodded towards the Dothraki who in turn led the few men who were too prideful to bend the knee to Drogon and Rhaegal.