Chapter Thirty-Five

||The Lion and The Rose||

"Your new hand. It's nicer than the old one." Tyrion told Jaime. He'd been back for weeks now, returning with a former maester and some guards from Rouse Bolton. Zephyr's mother Cersei hadn't been hiding the fact at all that she was angry with her uncle that he had 'left her' and was too late.

"Wouldn't you agree pod?" Tyrion asked his squire who set plates of food down in front of the three.

"Is it solid gold?" Pod asked.

"Gilded steel." Tyrion said, "You're not eating. Why is no one eating."

Zephyr began eating, not wanting to deal with both of her uncles frustrations. Zephyr and Tyrion were on somewhat good terms now since she was helping him with Sansa, and Jaime who'd been yelled at by everyone in his family except the both of them. So what better way to spend time than to eat together?

"My wife wastes away and my brother starves himself." Tyrion stated. "I'm not hungry" Said Jaime.

"You lost a hand, not a stomach." Zephyr said, "Eat."

"Try the boar, Cersei can't get enough of it since one of them killed Robert for her." Tyrion said which made Zephyr inahle sharply. She glanced at him, with a venemous glare of her own telling him to shut up about it, which he did.

"A toast." Tyrion said holding up his cup, "To the proud Lannister Children and the true heir to the iron throne. The dwarf, the cripple, the mother of madness, and the princess of bloodlust."

Zephyr rolled her eyes, not being able to help the smirk as she too held her cup high. As Jaime reached for his cup with his right hand, forgetting it was steel, he pushed the cup over letting that good wine spill.

"I'll help clean it up." Pod said but was cut off, "No, I'll do it. Leave us." Jaime said firmly.

"It's only wine." Zephyr told her uncle who sighed. Zephyr took his cup pouring his wine for him.

"I can't fight anymore." Jaime told them.

"What about your left?" Tyrion asked.

Jaime just shook his head. "I can hold a sword, but all my instincts are wrong. How can I protect the King when I can hardly wipe my own ass?" 

"You're the Lord Commander now." Zephyr said, "Command. Let others do the fighting." She said as she sat back down in her seat.

"When was the last time Father used a sword?" Tyrion asked his brother.

"I'm not Father. I'm the Kingslayer." Jaime answered. "When people find out I can't slay a pigeon.."

"Train then." Tyrion said. "Learn to fight with your other hand."

"With whom? You?" Jaime asked in disbelief. "Men talk. As soon as someone discovers I can't fight, he'll tell everyone."

"You need a proper, discreet swordsman. As it happens I have just the one." Tyrion told him as he shared a glance with Zephyr. They both knew for a fact they'd make Bronn train Jaime until he was a decent fighter.

~~~~

"From House Tyrell and people of the Reach, Your Grace, it is my honor to present you with this Wedding cup." Said Margaery's father, "May you and my daughter Margaery drink deep and live long.

"A handsome goblet my lord." Said Joffrey. Zephyr sat on his left with Tyrion to her left and Tywin to Joffrey's right with Cersei. "Or shall I call you Father?"