five. mateo hales

005

005.    mateo hales

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

THE FIRST YEARS, AND AURORA, WERE IN DOWLING'S class first and they were learning how to control their magic.

Aurora sat on the Headmistress' chair, as she stood looking out the window, that's until Terra spoke up.

The ice fairy wasn't paying any attention to what was happening around her, she was just in her own bubble of thoughts.

It had been a week since Mateo had been attacked by the Burned Ones and she was the one to break the news to her family. Her brother, her sister and her other uncle.

Her uncle, Brandon, had immediately came to Alfea after that phone call. He couldn't loose his husband, not after loosing his son. But as much as he wanted to stay until they killed the Burned One, he had to go back to the artic for his duties.

Aurora will still in her own world but then a massive splash happened, startling her.

"That's all for today." Dowling announced, wiping a water droplet off her arm.

As the fairies began to disperse, Aurora's phone pinged, a text from both Broden and Brandon. She quickly looked at them both and responded before Dowling could question her.

Dowling cleared her throat to make the girl look up at her and once she got her attention she spoke. "I'm so sorry about your uncle, Aurora." She gently smiled.

Aurora nodded. "Thanks. Sorry about Silva." She returned the apology.

"Yes, it is a very unfortunate thing that happened to them," She said and then she finally asked the question. "Did you see the Burned One?"

"No," She answered truthfully, before getting out of Dowling's chair. "I've got to go meet Broden. I'll see you later." She smiled and walked past the Headmistress, before she could even reply.

Dowling sighed to herself. She knew that this would affect the young girl, majorly. Especially after what happened with her parents, her two uncles were always there for her.

Meanwhile, the oldest Winter was trying to find her younger brother in the lunch hall. He had told her he'd be my the stairs with Sky but when she arrived she only saw Broden, by himself.

"Hey." Aurora spoke as her brother leant against the wall.

"Hey, Rory," He replied, embracing her with a hug. "How was class?" He asked her as they began to walk down the hall.