eleven. the end to a new beginning

011

011.    the end to a new beginning

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

AFTER THE WHOLE BURNED ONE situation and Bloom and Aurora transforming, Dowling had invited them both separately to her office the next day. Bloom going in first whilst Aurora waited outside for them to finish.

Aurora had her eyes focused onto her rings, spinning them as she was in deep thought. She wondered why Astrid, her mother, had been so aggressive to her the previous night. And how she knew about Aurora killing the Burned Ones.

Bloom walked out of Dowling's office to inform the other fairy that Dowling will let them have the weekend away but looking at Aurora, something was clearly wrong.

Bloom placed her hand upon her shoulder. "Hey, Rory."

Aurora hummed, snapping out of her trance and looking upwards at the redhead. "Hey. Is it my turn?"

Bloom nodded. "Yeah. We've got the weekend off to go see my parents. Can you come?"

Aurora shrugged. "Um, I'm not so sure, ginge. I'll try."

Bloom nodded, understanding. She wished her luck before Aurora walked into the comfort of the Headmistress' office.

"Aurora," Dowling greeted her with a smile. "Come. Sit." She gestured to the chair opposite herself.

"You drew a great deal of magic last night," Dowling started as she sat down. "You're bound to be drained-"

"I want to dye my hair." Aurora abruptly cut Dowling off with a random statement.

The Headmistress furrowed her eyebrows but slowly nodded her head. "Okay... And why's that?"

Aurora drew a deep breathe, slightly chuckling before looking upwards, towards Dowling. "These past few years have made me realize, well, you made me realize that I'm nothing like Astrid nor Boreas," She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "But I am my own person."

Farah nodded, understanding what the fairy was talking about. Over the years she knew Aurora had felt that what her parents had said defined who she was, but that was incorrect.

"And after Astrid screamed down my ear last night..." She paused. "I don't want to look like my family anymore. All of us are very light blonde and that makes me like my parents. Which brings me to say that I don't want to be associated with the Winter name anymore."

A smile cracked on Dowling's face, after almost two years of her telling Aurora that she could change her last name, she's finally doing it. "Aurora Hales has a ring to it." Dowling said to the girl.

Aurora smiled slightly. "Do you think?"

Dowling nodded. "Yes, I do. Now what about this hair colour because it has to be natural remember, school policy."