BIRTH AND DEATH

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

"Rhaenyra, you'll be a big sister soon." Aemma gently spoke in a hushed tone, as she wasn't in the best physical state. Rhaenyra turned to look at her mother, "Of course, You've told me a thousand times now." She jokingly implied, while sitting next to her mother.

Aemma didn't smile though, all she did was clutch Rhaenyra's hand and look into her blue hollowcasted eyes. "When this baby is born. I won't be here anymore." She tightened her grip around Rhaenyra's hand. "Mother, what is this nonsense!?" Rhaenyra let out a little laugh, not taking it seriously.

"Look at me. Look me in the eyes and tell me I am going to survive this birth." Slowly Rhaenyra's smile faded. "Rhaenyra, when this child is born, no matter what sex, swear you'll protect them with your life." Her mouth was wide open from hearing the words her mother was feeding her.

"Swear it to me," Silence. The girl's head was down, she knew her mother wasn't joking around with her. And she knew it herself. For the past month, her mother had been getting worse and worse, every second that passed. "Rhaenyra."

She looked at Aemma with sadness. "I swear...I swear I'll protect them with my life" Her mother sadly smiled at this. Sighing she leaned back into her cushioned bed. "I need to rest now, you may go" Rhaenyra got up slowly, and said goodbye to her mother. "I love you" "I love you more, Rhae."With that, Rhaenyra walked out of her mothers and fathers chamber, and went to her own.

~

There was a knock on the door, which brought Rhaenyra out of her thoughts. "Who is it?" She questioned, as she stared at the door. "It's Alicent, can I come inside?" Hearing this, Rhaenyra stood up and made her way over to the door. Opening it, she was met with a smiling Alicent.

"Come in," Rhaenyra said, standing aside and letting Alicent past her. "Is there something you need? You never really come here at this time" Alicent spun around, and held both Rhaenyra's hands. Grinning from ear to ear, the girl said "Your mother, Aemma! She's in labour, this is a blessing!"

Rhaenyra's expression changed to one that showed no emotions. Seeing this Alicent looked at Rhaenyra with worry. Tilting her head slightly to the right, she asked "Aren't you excited?" Doing a yellow smile, Rhaenyra retreated her hands from Alicents, and turned her back to her. "She's going to die in that bed." She blurted out, to which Alicent raised both eyebrows.

Walking around Rhaenyra to face her, she placed both hands on her shoulders. "Rhae? What are you talking about?" "That baby. It's going to kill my mother. It's made my mother too weak to even get up and do things by herself."

"Rhaenyra, that's not true. She'll Survive-"

Alicent was cut off as Rhaenyra let out a loud sob, her body shaking. She pulled away from Alicent and wrapped her arms around herself, trying to control herself. After a few deep breaths she looked up at Alicent, her eyes red and puffy.

"It is true though, is it not? I spoke to the doctors who said the baby was making my mother sick. I can't lose my mother, Alicent. I just can't."

Alicent reached out and hugged her friend tightly, letting her cry into her shoulder. She knew how much Rhaenyra loved her mother, she had seen it firsthand when they had been out to hunt. They had to retreat because her mother had taken a fall.

"I know, sweetie, I know." Alicent comforted her friend as she rocked her back and forth. Rhaenyra took a deep breath, before pulling away from Alicent. She swiped at her eyes one last time before giving her a watery smile. "Thank you, Alicent. You are the best friend anyone could ask for."

Alicent warmly smiled at this. "I'll come get you when the birth is over." With that Alicent walked out, leaving Rhaenyra by herself.

~

Rhaenyra looked at her father, who was holding the newborn. She watched as he stared at the baby, sadness overcoming him by the minute. Looking down before moving her attention to the body wrapped up, and on top of a cluster of sticks, she sucked in a deep breath.

Suddenly someone's hand found their way onto her shoulder, looking behind she saw Daemon, her uncle. "They're waiting." He quietly mumbled into her ear. She let out a little scoff, "Do they really expect me, her daughter to do this?" Nothing was said after. Letting go of her, he just stood silently behind her.

Making sure she knew he was by her side.

Giving one last look at her father, and her newborn sister. She hesitantly said "Dracarys" Signalling for Syrax to do what needed to be done. He took one step back, inhaling a big amount of air, before leaning forward and pushing out a gush of fire.The flames submerged Aemma, Rhaenyra's now dead, and cremated mother.

Rhaenyra snapped her head to the side, unable to watch. Daemon frowned at the sight, and Viserys just kept his attention on his newborn. Once Syrax had finished, Viserys took his leave before anyone else. Which made Rhaenyra watch him descend into the kingdom.

~

Alicent rushed into Rhaenyra's chambers, slamming the doors wide open, and making her way over to the bed that held her friend inside. Climbing in next to her, she cuddled Rhaenyra from behind. "I'm sorry..." Alicent whispered into Rhaenyra's neck.

Hearing a sniffle, Alicent hugged tighter than before. "It's not your fault...It's that baby's" She rudely stated out of anger, and despair. Alicent shook her head in denial. "It's not Y/n's fault, Rhaenyra. Things don't always work out. And I guess this time-" "What did you say?" Rhaenyra interrupted.

"That things don't-" "No. Before that. The baby's name, what was it?" "Y/n. Y/n Targaryen. Your sister Rhaenyra, did you not know that was what she was named?" "No I didn't" She viciously turned around, facing Alicent. A mad and serious demeanour expression was present on her face. "I can't believe they picked such a pretty name, for someone who murdered my mother." Alicent sighed. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't and wouldn't be able to get through to Rhaenyra. Or at least for now.

So she stayed silent after that last remark her friend made. And soon, they fell asleep in each other's arms.

When a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin. One side is greatness, the other is madness.

~~~~~~~~

Instagram - V_Gucciking

Tiktok - Im_Okie