TALKING OR THREATENING

I had just settled into my chambers, Alicent telling me what's happened and some occurrences she's been having with Rhaenyra. "I want Aegon on the throne, but her father says otherwise." She was frustrated to say the least. Saying that the kingdom would much rather have a male instead of a female to sit on the Iron Throne, I had to say, I didn't agree at ALL with that statement. Why does it matter what the gender is? "Especially after what she did to my son's eye. Well, Lucerys, to be specific." You listened to everything she had to say.

"Where are the maids?" She asked herself, trying to look for some in the room. It was empty and then she shouted. "Dina!" She waited with her arms crossed. The doors busted open "Yes my Queen?" "Could you please fetch us some tea?" Dina nodded and started hurrying away, until Alicent called out again. "AND PLEASE BRING SOME LEMON SLICES!" As the doors closed shut, Alicent sat back down at the table you two were resting at.

"You know, your father seems very displeased with your arrival. But, he can't turn you down now. Not that the whole castle knows who you are. And sending you away again after so many years, will put a bad image on him and me."

You didn't know what to say. Alicent was right, your father couldn't turn you away now. Not after everyone at the castle knew about you. But, he also couldn't allow such an imbecile like yourself to stay in his home.

Yet, he didn't have a choice. This means I'm one step closer to taking the Iron Throne without bloodshed. Told you Daemon. You thought to yourself, as you laid your head down on the pillow. "I hope you're right about this Alicent." Alicent's voice was soft and gentle, as she spoke to you. "I am right Y/n. Your father will not send you away again." You smiled at the reassurance.

The doors were opened again, making me and Alicent look towards, well what we thought was the maid, and see Rhaenyra in all her glory. "Rhaenyra? You can't be in here." Alicent spoke to Rhaenyra. "I didn't mean to bother you two, it's just that I wanted to see if Y/n was alright after everything that happened today." Alicent frowned, she knew Rhaenyra wasn't here to check up on you at all.

You smiled at her, "It's fine Alicent" She looked at you and sighed before she spoke again. "Alright Y/n. I will come back later this evening to check on you." She walked past Rhaenyra, giving her a look of disgust. Rhaenyra ignored this, as she had much more important things to attend to.

When Alicent was gone, Rhaenyra walked over to you and sat down next to you. She looked at your face, examining it carefully before she spoke again. "You know Y/n, I think we should have a talk about what happened today." You nodded your head slowly in agreement as she continued. "I mean we both know that Father is the brightest, and that he intended to verbally hurt you in front of many, but can you blame him?"

Your lips were sealed shut, she wasn't here to say "Hello, how are you?" or "I'm sorry about today. And for what happened in the past" She still despised me, but wouldn't fully let it slip out of her mouth. "I...I don't know." Once again the doors open, this time revealing Dina holding a tray of Lemon Slices, and Tea in the other hand. As she walked over to us, she placed them down in between me and Rhaenyra. "Did the Queen leave?" Rhaenyra nodded and dismissed her. "These are my favourite." She said, picking up a piece of Lemon and shoving it into her mouth. Letting out a moan of pleasantness you awkwardly sat there. Her eyes snapped to you, "Well don't just sit there, eat up" Picking up another one she handed it to you, waiting for you to eat it.

Taking a bite she smiled "Is it good?" Eating the whole thing, you nodded while grabbing another. She followed as well. "I want to let you know that you will be married off to another house." You stopped munching on your food and looked at her with wide eyes. "You are Nineteen now, are you not?" Are they already trying to get rid of me? Alicent made me a promise.