SEARCH OF A SUITOR

(Caius Volturi = Jerome Lannister)

The red dress the maid was putting you in, was a completely different colour to what the Targeryens would wear such as Red. It symbolised Fire & Blood. Yet, the dress was Fully black laced with very dark red and pricks of yellow. "Dina, why is my dress black. And not fully red?" She stopped buttoning up the back piece and looked at you through the mirror. "Prince Daemon requested this dress to be a fit to you, my lady" You raised a brow.

"He does realise that the colour black symbolises death, evilness, and war, does he not?," She opened her mouth but you once again cut her off "Red, as we know represents us Targaryens, shows Dominance, fire & blood. But then there is yellow, Betrayal jealousy, and contradiction." It might seem harmless, but when you can't read or don't know someone personally, you can judge from their actions, what they wear and say. So if I was this, especially at the special gathering today, then it would signify that I am running my own game, and haven't chosen a side, which is Green for Alicent, and Black for Rhaenyra.

"I do not know, your grace," She started to pick up her pace once again. "If you'd like to hear what I have to say, I'll tell you what I think." You nod your head for her to go on. "This whole dress, it would mean, well in my eyes, that you are against both opposing teams." Confirming my theory, I gave an amused look. "Do you have more to say?" Finishing with the back, she grabbed the cloak that was also black and draped it around me.

"I'd say, Prince Daemon is up to something today..." As she finished clipping the sides in, I turned to face her. "Do you know what would happen if you slandered or accused the Prince like that?...You'd have your tongue cut off." Yes, she did accuse Daemon for planning on doing something with bad intentions, and you didn't mind. But you needed to make sure her mouth was shut, because if she talks and thinks like this with no hesitation, then punishments will be given. Not to her, but to the people who are being slandered by the words that fly out of her mouth.

"If you hadn't said this to me, but rather say Rhaenyra or Alicent. Who knows what they'd do." She hung her head low in shame, guilt already overwhelming her. "I am so sorry, my princess. Please, forgive me" She lifted her head at the end of her sentence, looking at me with pleading eyes. "Dina, I am just warning you to be cautious. You are now my maid, my hand lady, so it is quite fine. Just be careful, because everybody has ears, and if they hear something good and that benefits them, they'll use it to their advantage."

Putting my hand on her shoulder, she apologised once again. "I understand, my lady. I will only speak to you about things like this when it is behind your closed chambers." You agreed with her, and told her she could now leave, as you needed to head to the great hall. Opening the doors, you found Ares waiting patiently. "My lady" He quickly bowed, and stood up again. "I knew you would be here, just like I had asked of you." You smiled brightly at him, pleased he was here and ready. "You asked, and It's my duty." He explained, you didn't say anything.

Flickering your eyes to the direction you needed to head to, he got the signal and started walking. He had looked around and noticed no one was near them, so he spoke. "You are late." Confusion took over you. "What do you ever mean?" "You were supposed to be at the great hall by eight this morning, to look for a husband from House Lannister, your grace." My eyes widened. It was probably half past the time I needed to be there by.

This was not going to be a good first impression, especially for my father. Who might I say was angry when he saw me walking in. Especially with the dress Daemon had sent for me to wear. He kept his mouth from spewing hatred and despicable words at me, as the Lannisters were lined up. Waiting for me to pick and choose after they'd give me their reasons why I should marry them. "Sorry, I was held back." Viserys faked a smile, it wavering ever so slightly as he scanned over my dress over and over again.