TWO MORE YEARS

"They're getting bigger"

I was standing next to Daemon, watching as my four children flew freely in the air. "Yes they are!" I happily agreed, amazed at the size they've come to. "It's only been a year since they've hatched and they're already huge!" I exclaimed. "Indeed." Daemon watched as the dragons soured in the air, he knew that these dragons were gonna be like no other had seen. And he also knew that you'd lead and bond with them very well.

"Vhagar!" I called out. Daemon watched as the beast landed down in front of you, laying down for you to crawl on top of her. Daemon held your hand as you climbed up, as you were still only 17 years old, so you were still very young and needed to be cautious. "Don't fall off!" Was the last thing you heard before being lifted up off of the ground and into the bright blue skies of Dragonstone.

The three other dragons made their way over towards you and Vhagar, flying all in a straight line, sometimes sharing glances with each other. As Daemon watched you, his smile never faltered. He was so mesmerised by your bravery, demeanour, kind heart, and independent self. Him and Mysaria had raised you truly well. But there was only one problem, you only had two more years here, before needing to leave back to Andals.

It wasn't a request, but it was about time you'd say a little hello to the family that turned both you and him away. Problem was, that he still hasn't taught you much in hand to hand combat. And for someone like you, you'd need it to rather stay alive to survive. Why? Because even though you might be the youngest princess, it doesn't mean your chances of becoming Queen are weak, so this will automatically make you a threat.

Daemon gazed out at you, making sure you're not having a hard time controlling those dragons of yours. Zoning out for a moment, he thought. About how your appearance after so many years might bring chaos, and spark tension as it would be unusual for you to just show up out of the blue. Rumours would fly from left to right which would unbalance the peace with the kingdom.

Yet, he didn't care one bit. No matter what would happen, he'd stay by your side. Until death. You were like the child he never had, and to you, he was the father you never had either. The same went for Mysaria, because you never got to meet your mother. Unfortunate but it's reality.

"WHOOO HOOO!!!" You screamed as you went whooshing right past Daemon, making him put an arm up and crouch backwards from the sudden appearance and surprise. Laughing at him, he regained his composure and jokingly threatened you. "Don't make me get Caraxes!" Cheekily grinning you said "Come on! Do it, you won't" You teasingly taunted him.

Taking on the challenge, he marched over to Caraxes and climbed on top. "Let's go big boy" With a loud roar emitting from Caraxes, his big wings flapped, smacking the ground as they both lifted off and into the windy air.

Caraxes' powerful wings flapping was exhilarating for Daemon. You laughed out loud with joy as he flew higher and higher into the sky, passing you. Looking down, Daemon noticed  that Dragonstone looked so small and insignificant, it was an amazing feeling to be up there looking down on everything.

"Come fly higher!" He eagerly called out to you. Smirking, you directed Vhagar to go towards Daemon and Caraxe. When you reached, Daemon said "It looks beautiful doesn't it?" While looking down. Following his gaze, you nodded your head. "Very!" He wasn't wrong, the view from where we were was amazing and spectacular.

"Race you back" Zooming away, Daemon cursed under his breath, taking off after you. Eventually you both landed back down safely on the ground, Daemon hopping off and Caraxes folding his wings back in, now resting on the ground. The other three dragons were close by, but they didn't come too close as they were still playing with each other. You also got off of Vhagar, who went and joined his siblings once again.

Daemon looked on proudly at you both, realising that this is what he loved most about you, your unbreakable bond with the dragons no matter how big or ferocious they may seem.

He knew that you were still a child, but you had the heart of an adult. You were strong, brave and determined to do anything that came your way. . "You know, I'm not sure if I should be proud or terrified." He said with a smile. You smirked and looked up at him, "A little bit of both?" You spoke tauntingly, now making your way over to him.

"Remember when we first met?" He asked, looking at you. "You were so small, and I was so big. You seemed so scared of me but now look at you! You can tame dragons like no other human in this world has ever done before."

You raised an eyebrow, "Every Targaryen has a dragon." He hummed in amusement "Yes. But they don't own four. soon to be, big dragons now do they?" Shaking your head no, he gave you a nod.

"You have done well my child, you have done very well. You are now ready to take the Iron Throne." He said softly as he placed his hands on your shoulders. Looking at him with confusion, he sighed.

"You're ready to take the Iron Throne Y/n. Even if you aren't the heir, you can still take it. But I'll need to teach you for two more years in combat." He further explained.

You frowned, taking a step back and staring at him with slightly narrowed eyes. "But you know I don't want the throne. I just want to go home." "I want to go home too. But if we are to do that, it's gonna cause tension. So we need to be prepared. YOU need to be. They'll assume you are there for the Iron Throne." You let out a frustrated sound.

"Then I'll just tell them I don't want the throne!" He walked up to you, cupping your face firmly, but not too hard. "Y/n. They won't care. They will still think that you are here to take the throne with blood. Because that is the only way. And if they think that, they'll do the one thing that will stop you."

"What?" "Kill you." Letting go of your face, he watched as you sadly looked out to your dragons. "That's all they'll see me as? A threat?" Daemon didn't say anything, silently confirming your question.

You sighed, looking over at him. "Well, then...what do I do?" He smiled. "You take the throne." You cursed at this, Daemon just chuckled and shook his head. "You have no choice. If you don't do it, then they will kill you. And if they kill you, then they win. But if you take the throne by blood, then you win"

"But...but what if I can't?" You asked. "What if I'm not strong enough?" Daemon smiled. "You are,"

"You're a pure Targaryen."

"When you play a game of thrones you win or you die."

~~~~~~~~

Instagram - V_Gucciking

Tiktok - Im_Okie