Interlude: Part 1

Trigger warning. Readers discretion is strictly advised.

"Chote?" She choked standing up too. "Don't be like this. Please?" She burst out sobbing seeing him averting his eyes.

"I don't deserve the treatment you dished out to me when all I ever wanted was your happiness. Your safety. Even when I asked the doctor to sedate you I didn't had any intention to keep you away from Khushi but just to keep you safe. Alive." She cried out. "You do know what's its like to loose a sibling still you,"

Khushi felt Arnav stiffening by her side with his hand snaked around her waist.

"I didn't want to lose you like we lost--" Anjali burst out only to be sharply cut by him.

"Enough Di. You made your point and I heard that." He looked at her angrily.

"Come out of your shield now and accept that you did the same to Khushi what that bastard did to our sister in the name of love." Anjali wasn't stopping while Khushi gasped at the revelation.

"ENOUGH. I SAID ENOUGH!" Arnav bellowed causing Khushi to jerk at her place to which he pursed his lips.

"You have another sister?" Khushi's question froze Arnav for a moment as he breathed hard.

"Arnav?" She asked firmly.

"Yeah." He swallowed thickly. "We were three siblings once before it was just Di and I"

"Is she saying the truth? What happened to her?" Khushi shoot another question while Arnav started perspiring and for the first time since their marriage he withdrew from Khushi and without answering stormed upstairs clearly upset while Anjali turned around sobbing herself.

"What happened to her?" Khushi turned to Anjali dreading her reply. But she needed to know.

Anjali blinked back the tears looking at her brokenly.

"Anjali, will you speak up now? You can't shut up after dropping a bomb over me. Start talking!" Khushi said sternly.

Anjali gulped and wiped her face trying to compose herself.

"Did you ever wonder what planted that notion in his mind to make you suffer?" She whimpered.

A chill ran down Khushi's spine at that.

"He took a leaf from an unrelenting monster himself of how to torture people." Anjali cried.

"Who?" Khushi asked quietly.

"Our sister's lover. She was my twin." She choked.

Khushi swallowed hard whilst a gasp escaped her.

"She went on a trip with her friends one day and from there she never came back. At least not alive." Anjali cried out.

Khushi's face whitened.

"She ran away with him. We don't know what he told her but she called us and declared that she was marrying her boyfriend and would never come back home. She did though one day when she got into an accident."

"Accident?" Khushi whispered aghast. Her eyes widened and body trembled.

"Yeah, he killed her." Her voice cracked. "She wasn't lucky like you to survive. She was 19 like me and Arnav, just 14 at that time. That incident took away our parents lives. In a flash oru family broke apart leaving just Chote and me in midst the ruins."

Khushi felt herself wheezing. She struggled to breathe. Her stomach churned.

"Why? What did she ever do to him?" Khushi asked hoarsely with her eyes glistening with pain.

Sun Raha Hai Na TuOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara