25. The struggle - I

RECAP:

"You called your Di with her son to make me realize that I can never be a mother. That your sister have everything I have ever wished for!" She sobbed out and his Adam's apple bobbed. Breathing had never been so much of a task but whenever he see her cry, he just feel all of his breaths leaving him.

"Where did you meet her Khushi?" Holding her shuddering form in his arms he asked caressing her hairs seizing her tightly.

"At my office." She mumbled against his shirt clutching on to him as she let go of the restraint she was putting up for so long.

"I will talk to her and I promise she will never come in front of you ever again. I promise!" He rubbed her back soothingly and whispered through her ear inhaling her scent.

"You will talk to your sister? For me?" She asked unsure raisng her head just a bit up to look into his sincere chocolate brown orbs. Her confusion was natural. He has chosen his sister long ago over her. He though indirectly always made her believe that he loved someone else.

Somehow, he understood her insecurity too as he saw shadows passing across her face.

He wiped her cheeks before kissing each one by one and he pecked her nose.

It's time to relieve one more of her insecurity and settle a few more scores between them. He had to show her his priorities today , in present, and set them right.

"She may be my sister but.. you.. you are my wife. Right now, nothing or no one is more important than you in my life. Trust me on that."

For some reason in that pain strikingly helpless, desperate moment she did what he asked her to.

She... She trusted him.

______________________

(Mature content ahead)

"KHUSHI!" She was yanked up to standing position jolting her up from her already disturbed slumber. She opened her eyes lazily and seeing him spitting fire at her, the sleep became the thing of the past.

Her eyes widened and she gulped.

"Now stay here and recall what sins have you done for which you're getting punished."

Her heart clenched and tears filled her eyes. She flinched as he cursed.

"If you are done dozing your heads off then mind getting up and get the hell out of the kitchen. Housekeepers would be here any minute and I don't want them to see how sorry of a figure I have in my mansion like you."

"Please tell me Arnav ji. What did I do?" She asked cupping his cheeks tenderly and saw the darkness ebbing away from his eyes for seconds before coming back with full force whilst he jerked her away before blasting.