22. The cracks

"Even the smallest shift in perspective can bring about the greatest healing." ~ Joshua Kai

Akash stood up eyeing the speechless Khushi and determined Arnav.

"Bhai.." Khushi called out catching his hand as he made to leave.

"You can leave Akash. I will take it from here." Arnav said grimly.

Khushi glared at him.

"I will come with you. I don't want to talk with him anymore." Khushi gritted angrily with tears pricking her eyes.

Her heart was galloping fast still due to their heated argument at the end of which he silenced her well by his few words and that scared her to be honest.

She doesn't want to be left alone with him.

She wanted someone to protect herself from falling into his web of words or so called lines of love and her being his world.

Like seriously?

As if she would believe that

A sensible part of her was asking her to accept the fact that she asked him to marry her again. He didn't come or propose her. She herself gave him what he wanted on silver platter as deep down she knew he would clasp at any opportunity to be with her.

Why she did that was another debatable topic and she could write an article on it. Of her feelings and emotions when she saw his fragile, weak body in the hospital bed after his suicide stunt.

"No you are not coming with me." Akash was stern this time and Khushi's face fell.

Seeing which Akash had to keep himself restraint from consoling her. But he had to if he wanted his sister to stop playing with her life like the way she was doing. Its high time she settle down in her life.

It's high time indeed!

Removing her hold from his arm he walked out of the door leaving her alone with Arnav who was observing her every action with his keen eyes.

No sooner did Akash left closing the door behind him Khushi rushed to run after him to leave too when she realized her jiju cum brother has locked it from outside on his way.

"BHAI! You... I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS FROM YOU!" Khushi yelled banging the door.

"HOW CAN YOU LEAVE ME WITH A MAN WHO DESTROYED ME?"

Akash sat in the living room with Shashi, Garima, Buaji, Payal and Shyam who heard her shouts worriedly but Akash and Shashi just gave them all an assuring glance.

Shyam prayed in mind that their setting turn out fruitful for Arnav and Khushi.

She kept banging the door until she had no strength left.

Neither Akash came nor any other family member to get her out of here while she kept calling out to all of them.

She threatened to never talk to them ever if they didn't unlock the door but even then no one budged.

By this time Arnav has settled himself on her bed and has made himself comfortable against the headboard and was looking at her struggling with the door, banging it, shouting for her family until she was exhausted and touched her head to the door and sobbed.

And that...he couldn't take at all.

"Itni mehnat mujhse door jaane k liye?(This much effort to go away from me huh?)" He added humor to his tone as if to mock her, instigate her.