14. Pain and heart wrenching union

Khushi has gone up to the room after her parents left. He has talked to the lawyer and officers and sent them back thanking for their help. The state of his mind was in a mess. He didn't know how and what would he talk to her now that she was back and has stayed back too. For what reason? That was the major question mark which was giving him shudders as if something major was going to happen which would shake the boundaries of his being.

As he was going to go upstairs in his room Shyam stopped him.

"Do you have any idea why Khushi has stayed." He asked Arnav.

"No idea." He chuckled without any mirth.

"Then get ready Arnav. Your major penance is going to start now because as far as I had read her demeanor and as far as I know her she isn't the one to back off from giving back what she got in her own way. I know she loved you once without any limit. But when someone hurts her self respect she never leave him without showing him his rightful place when she knows that the fault wasn't hers to begin with to deserve that kind of treatment."

Arnav stared at him in confusion.

"Actually when we were studying together in law college then a guy has played prank on her which has embarrassed her before the whole college and then what she did to him was what no one forgot till date. Whenever any of the college colleagues meet that incident is discussed must between us."

"What did she do to him?"

Shyam laughed. "That was hilarious to say the least but really shameful for that guy.Next day firstly she has beaten him with her sandal and then she spread the glue on his seat. He sat on it alright but when he got up then--" Shyam smirked not finishing his sentence as it was obvious.

Arnav's eyes widened.

Suddenly Shyam turned serious.

"But be careful Arnav. Neither you played a silly harmless prank on her nor did you embarrassed her before everyone. Instead you practically ruined her life and that's no joke or prank. So prepare yourself for the worst." He was about to leave when his next words stopped him.

"She will leave me after getting what she wants. For which she has stayed back."

"What for?"

"I don't know." Arnav swallowed.

"Then get to know it."

"I am scared Shyam."

"You should be." He said strictly. "After all she lived six months in fear too. Fear of losing you. Now it's your turn. But again I would say be careful. This fear can take your breath away too like you tried to take hers."

"Can't you encourage me? You are practically freaking me out."

"Either I encourage you or discourage doesn't matter as she would leave you anyway. So its better that you face the reality rather than getting your hopes high by tempting illusions."

Arnav's breath caught up in his throat at his blunt words.

"Isn't there any way which could stop her from leaving? I mean I am ready to bear anything which she would throw my way but I just want an assurance that she won't leave at the end of it."

"Why she shouldn't leave you?"

"Because I love her dammit." He said out loud.

"No you don't. It's your guilt maybe. I know I never stopped you till now whenever you said that you love her. It was because you were too messed up but it's time you come to terms with your true feelings for her because if you've loved her truly then she wouldn't have been this broken and certainly you wouldn't be fearing of her leaving you. Open your eyes now and see for yourself of what you've actually done to yours and her life."