12. Unexpected turn of events

As Khushi opened her eyes and started struggling with the ropes, Arnav knew what he had to do that she will be free of these ropes and also won't try to kill herself.

"Hi" He said and earned a glare from her and helpless tears out of her eyes making him swallow with difficulty. Putting aside his hurt he smiled at her and wiped her tears gently. If looks could kill he would've been a dead man by now by the way she was throwing daggers at him for touching her. He ignored her comfortableness at his touch and caressed her jaw before saying.

"I am with you Khushi. You want to go to your baby?" Her eyes widened and she nodded vigorously making his heart clench.

"I will help you to go your baby and also free you off these ropes but on one condition."

She stared at him with her doe shaped orbs waiting for him to continue.

"That when I'll untie you, you won't try to hurt or kill yourself by anything."

"If I won't die then how will I meet my baby?" Her hoarse voice reached his ears and his heart came into his mouth at hearing her speak to him with such innocence.

"I will bring your baby to you. For that you'll have to wait for sometime. The baby isn't willing to meet you just yet."

"Why?" She cried out and he had to clench his hands to stop himself from reaching out to her and give her a hug but he don't want her to panic by his closeness because for her he was just a stranger now not her husband whom she loved once with all of her heart.

"Because your baby is angry with you." He stated as calmly as possible.

"Angry? Why? What did I do?" She asked with her tears again rolling down.

With the pad of his thumb he wiped her tears.

"You tried to snatch the mother from the baby. You tried to hurt yourself which your child didn't like. That's why it is angry with you. Because your baby loves you and can't see you hurt. And the way you are hurting yourself time and time again how can you expect your baby to come to you when you yourself is planning to leave your blood?" He finished in a calm voice and saw her deep in thoughts.

"Have you met my Rahul? My baby?"

"R-Rahul? Your baby's name right?" He asked in a hoarse voice keeping the smile intact on his face for her.

She bobbed her head.

"Yes I have met him. But didn't--didn't know what his name was as he just told me that he is your son and I should convey his message to you."

"How does he look? I knew it would be a baby boy because I have prayed the baby should be like...like...him." She said as if she wasn't talking to the father of the child but some other person. She remembers him but just not him.

Earth crashed upon his head as he heard her wish.

How could she pray something like this when he was nothing but a monster to her?

His lips quivered as he reigned in his broken demeanor. He can't break before her. He has to heal her. His broke down can wait. Taking a deep breath he turned to her expectant eyes.. He saw the glitter of trust brewing in her eyes for him.

"He looks a lot like you. But he has his father's eyes." He croaked failing to keep his voice steady.

She smiled widely this time bleary eyed.

"Call him. I want to see him. Where is my baby?" She again started struggling in the ropes.

"He is upset with you I told you. You have to be completely fine if you want to meet him. Otherwise he won't meet you. I mean that's what he said."