7. Everything lost

"Really!! How..erm...I mean..." He stuttered as a surge of emotions passed through him.

The day he so desperately was waiting for was here finally or was it all a facade or dream?

Shaking his head to get rid of his muddled thoughts,he took his blazer and laptop bag and hurried out of his cabin instructing Aman to cancel all his meetings of today.

On reaching the gate of his mansion, RM, he stopped abruptly and took a deep breath.

Maybe all the restlessness of last month was because of this and after today he would be free of all uneasiness and terrible feelings and miserable nights.

"Di.." he croaked as soon as he entered her room and then stopped abruptly as he took in the scene.

His blood boiled as he saw his sister hugging the man who was responsible for her condition.

Shyam Manohar Jha

Without any second thought he barked furiously.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

Anjali who was mumbling something burying her head in her husband's neck, looked up stunned at his furious tune.

"Chote..." Anjali rasped tearfully.

In admist of all this Arnav didn't fail to notice that shyam wasn't hugging his sister back, he was just sitting there with her not reacting and not saying anything.But when his mind wheeled back to another day when he was hugging that girl, he again fumed.

"Who bloody let you in my property?" he gritted.

A completely calm Shyam stood up from the bed not paying attention to Anjali's protests.

"If I weren't here today, your beloved Di wouldn't have come out of coma Mr.Raizada" his voice was composed but his sarcasm at the word "Beloved Di" didn't go unnoticed by the siblings and it was just too much for Anjali as she started pleading.

"Shyam ji, I am so..sorry.Please...please forgive me.I..I didn't know what came over me that day.Please don't leave me.I am sorry Shyamji..I am so..sorry.." she sobbed out the words grabbing his hand stopping him to move away.

"Its too late Anjali. Its too late now.." he said freeing his hand from hers..

"You...you call.ed me Anj.ali.." she murmured tearfully...

"Yes.." he whispered back.

He walked up to a stunned Arnav who wasn't getting anything as why his sister was pleading and why that bastard was reacting that way.He was again hurting his sister.As soon as this thought cross his mind, he clenched his fists and said firmly looking at his Di.

"Di its good he is going away,because you are better off without him"

Anjali stood up weakly and staggered as Arnav ran to hold her.

"Nahi Chote, he hasn't done anything.Please stop him.Please...Say to him..I am sorry" she pleaded as Arnav's eyes teared up and he was about to say to Shyam to stay for sometime and after that he himself will throw him out but the look in Shyam's eyes had him rooted to the spot.

He was giving them the same accusing glance which Khushi gave him when he told her the truth behind his facade of love.

"Well done Mr.Raizada and Miss Anjali Singh Raizada.Well done!" He said out loud.

"Good job you both have done.I am feeling so low of myself right now.I am equally feeling responsible for that innocent's sufferings.I just wish I haven't told you anything Anjali than maybe that poor girl would have been spared from the heart wrenching days and nights she must have lived here with your arrogant brother.I just wish i wasn't that sincere with you to tell you about my past to come clear with you.I just wish.." his eyes teared up at the end.His hurt coming to the front.

"You are saying I forgive you huh? How can I forgive you when I myself is responsible.You have made me so low Anjali..So low..I don't know if I ever be able to forgive myself...I don't know.."

Saying this he turned around and left leaving a completely distraught Anjali sobbing in Arnav's arms.

"Di, whats going on?" he managed to say at the end.