8. Sun Raha Hai Na Tu..

"If you knew all that he was all set to take revenge then why didn't you try to warn Khushi? Why you kept silent? Is it because you too were trying to take revenge from her for rejecting you years ago? Is it true what all i am saying Shyam? If yes, than its you who destroyed Khushi's life.Firstly by telling Anjali about her and secondly by spitting out her name in front of ASR" Devyani Jha asked him as soon as she seated herself besides him.

"What do you think Dadi? I didn't try huh? I tried, i tried to warn Khushi when i first saw her with Arnav.I knew something was fishy when I coincidentally saw him hugging her in that park. I even heard his conversation with Aman that he wants to marry Khushi as early as possible and also he wants to shift Anjali from RM to his farmhouse because he doesn't want Khushi to find out who he actually was.I knew he was ought at a mission and .." he swallowed.

"...and Dadi, above all he didn't even let me meet Anjali.I wanted to see her, just once.I didn't know what to do? All was so messed up.I lost my child. I lost Rani Sahiba and that too in a matter of few hours Dadi.Just...Just few...few hours...fucking few hours.." his hands fisted at his sides.

"Did you meet Khushi then? Did you warn her?"

"I couldn't directly say to her as I saw one or the other guards of Arnav were always following her.I didn't know what and why he was doing all this? But i couldn't let him go into the misunderstanding and ruin an innocent life because when he cornered me in the hospital Dadi I saw the animal..A wounded animal who was hell enraged to do anything to make the one pay who has dared to hurt his Di.I tried telling him the truth many a times Dadi" He breathed.

"But he shrugged me off.I was helpless. He ruined my career to the extent that I didn't get any cases whatsoever.All of my previous clients run away from me as if I were an alien.I knew he was behind all this.I didn't want Khushi to go through all this as she was innocent.She didn't even know what has happened in my life and why suddenly a multimillionaire was interested in her? And which storm was awaiting her? So I went to her house at night that day but when I was about to knock I was hit with something solid at my head."

Devyani gasped and clasped his hand with her trembling hands, her eyes teary.

Shyam continued shuddering.

"After that when i woke up i found myself in some dark room and later i got to know that it was Arnav who did that.He has told his informers that not to let me anywhere near the Gomti Sadan but when they saw me.They did the best they could at that moment.He kept me imprisoned there for months saying that he will free me when he will be done with Khushi.That he will release both her and me and we both can go wherever we want to go. Dadi.." he cried out as he remembered his words on the last day of his imprisonment.

"You can have her as I have already had my share of her!"

Right after he was released he went to RM to look for Khushi but hearing what Ramu Kaka told him gave him goosebumps that how Arnav threw Khushi out and in what condition. He told him that Anjali was back in Shantivan and he couldn't resist meeting her. She came back to life because of him but worry for Khushi and her whereabouts kept him on toes for days after he left RM.

"Dadi, I don't know what he must have done to her in those months.She is so innocent.How I wished I hadn't told Anjali about my first love ever.How I wished Dadi. I wish..I won't be able to forgive myself ever...I feel so low...so low...I don't know what to do anymore? I don't know.." he threw himself in his grandmother's arms and let out all his sorrows.

Devyani herself cried silently seeing her strong grandson this vulnerable.

Both pulled back startled as they heard a scream.

Looking at each other shocked they rushed to the next room.